Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everytime I start reading threads on this forum the house starts creaking

Options
  • 25-12-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I hear noises and creaks and things from other rooms that I wouldn't normally hear. It's like my sense of hearing becomes heightened. Anyone else notice that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It could be that you are freaking yourself out and more aware of the silence and therefore unfamiliar noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

With me what happens is when I start thinking about ghosts I seem to attract what I feel is paranormal activity.

A lot of the time when I am going to sleep I feel a pull on my legs, but it happens too when I am just laying around. When I think paranormal thoughts that "pull" happens, or maybe vibrations woul be a more proper word. I can feel a different heightning of the vibrations, sometimes they get stronger.

Oh, and lately the portable heater at the bottom of my bed has been getting "banged" a bit :mad: Thank God I am livng back home now when these experiences happening, and not in my distant apartment all by myself. I had to leave that apartment and stay home for a days at a time you know. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CorkMan wrote: »
    With me what happens is when I start thinking about ghosts I seem to attract what I feel is paranormal activity.

A lot of the time when I am going to sleep I feel a pull on my legs, but it happens too when I am just laying around. When I think paranormal thoughts that "pull" happens, or maybe vibrations woul be a more proper word. I can feel a different heightning of the vibrations, sometimes they get stronger.

I experience something similar but I think it might just be my imagination or something.........well I hope so anyway :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Grimes wrote: »
    It could be that you are freaking yourself out and more aware of the silence and therefore unfamiliar noises.

That's what it is, yes. The senses become heightened as I start to imagine that one of the phantoms people report seeing could appear beside me at any moment. Then the mind starts to focus on any slight noise or disturbance.

It probably happens to amateur ghost hunters a lot - I wonder do they have a name for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

loldog wrote: »
    I wonder do they have a name for it?

evidence

• Advertisement

Everytime i watch a TV show about ant's i start itching .

Advertisement