Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing FM help

Options
  • 25-12-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I always have problems installing FM, but this time I've decided to ask for help instead of fixing it without knowing how I did it.

I got FM11 today, booted it up and installed the disc way. It seemed to go fine, although I wasn't prompted for the authorization key and at the end it said it installed but there were a few errors and to check something.

It began playing, but I wanted to put the graphics in, so quit.

Then when I went to play again, it wasn't opening. Not via 'Computer', and not through the file in 'Games'. There's no desktop icon, or Sports Interactive file in my full list of files.

No luck. Just won't open. Installed it again, no luck. Then deleted all the files, well I think I did and the same again.

Just tried with Steam. It asked for the auth key, and the installing bit stopped about a 2/3 of the way through before I cancelled. I opened Steam, and FM11 was in there so I hit Play and now it's saying that my game will be ready in over an hour! Before Steam said there were too many requests and it cancelled.

And help this festive day will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Uninstall everything and we'll help you step by step :P

First of all, was it bought through Steam? You don't need a disc for Steam.

Advertisement