Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Royle Family: Joe's Crackers

• 25-12-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Caught on the hop with this, there was an ad every hour for a month before last year's special and I saw nothing about this one so just giving a little bit of a heads-up, it's at 9 on BBC tonight. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Paul Burley is just started on TV3 right now.. havent heard of him before but he looks pretty funny.. That'll bring you right up to 9 Amacachi.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Paul Burley is just started on TV3 right now.. havent heard of him before but he looks pretty funny.. That'll bring you right up to 9 Amacachi.. ;)

TV in my room broke a month ago and I'm in the sitting room with external hard drives running so I have Eastenders to keep me good til 9. :pac:

yeah I switched over during the break.. might stick with it.. I think Paul Burley got all the good jokes out of the way at the start... Dont understand all the references to the English programs (Strictly Come Dancing, Harry Hill, I'm A Celebrity etc ) ...:confused:

I dont even have a TV :D ... running wintv on my TV Tuner card and analog TV cable to the aerial on the roof... 4 channels perfect, no license..

Still live with the parents so it's worth the tenner a month for Sky Sports in my room. :pac: Worst of it is I pretty much had money for a TV after Christmas but then I got shitfaced and unfortunately still remembered my credit card details and booked a trip to Berlin in a few months. Went to my email to check the dates and saw an email from "auto-confirm@amazon.co.uk" which completely put paid to my hope of getting a nice big telly. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

amacachi wrote: »
    Caught on the hop with this, there was an ad every hour for a month before last year's special and I saw nothing about this one so just giving a little bit of a heads-up, it's at 9 on BBC tonight. :)
    hasnt been the same since nanna though
    will still watch it
    then airline(walliams lucas)should be a laugh too

• Advertisement

meercat wrote: »
    hasnt been the same since nanna though
    will still watch it
    then airline(walliams lucas)should be a laugh too

The first episode after nanna was poor, the one last year (I think) was pretty good though.
    I'll still be fcuking around with the HDs by then, hopefully the rents will stick it on though, Coronation St. isn't on til 11.15 :pac:

Went to my email to check the dates and saw an email from "auto-confirm@amazon.co.uk" which completely put paid to my hope of getting a nice big telly. :pac:

uh oh that's not good.. I think I have the TV viewing sorted though... Coronation Street 21.00 - 22.00... not a huge fan, but it's been brilliant lately. Then 22.25, Meet The Parents....

uh oh that's not good.. I think I have the TV viewing sorted though... Coronation Street 21.00 - 22.00... not a huge fan, but it's been brilliant lately. Then 22.25, Meet The Parents....

No Royle Family then? :( I love when channels show films that have a sequel out or coming soon, one wonders how much the studios pay them to show it. :pac:

Anyone know who's playing Saskia? Know her from somewhere, wrecking me head.

Good first 20 minutes anyway. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

+1

Was just about to post the same thing.

Quite good so far imo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

lol at joe

Found her name, Joanne Froggatt but I don't recognise her from anything on her wiki page.

Class so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

This has been awesome so far.

chordtype wrote: »
    This has been awesome so far.

Saskia seems to be a character to represent what any of us would be like if we ended up there. :pac:

ha ha Daves Christmas party :D

If ever something should go for another series...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Saskia seems to be a character to represent what any of us would be like if we ended up there. :pac:

....yeah

Or she's what we think we'd be like in those situations, when in reality we'd be more like Joe.

Like Peep Show - We all want to be Super Hans. We think we're all Jez. But we're really Mark.

Some fcuking classic lines in this tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I reckon we could see the contents of the urns end up in that hoover yet...

I nearly died at the waiting for the DNA results line.

• Advertisement

aww that was nice from Joe :)

chordtype wrote: »
    I nearly died at the waiting for the DNA results line.

That's what my last post was about. :pac:

This show is on its own in that I never want an episode to end, there's no story and yet somehow that makes it better.

I think I'm talking crap, lot of drink. :pac:

ha ha ha :D:D

OPENROAD wrote: »
    aww that was nice from Joe :)

Just before it I said I hope he wouldn't sing a song like he did before but it was good.

Another good little bit dialogue here. :pac:

Just before it I said I hope he wouldn't sing a song like he did before but it was good.

Another good little bit dialogue here. :pac:

God I remember the previous time he sung :p

Yillan wrote: »
    I reckon we could see the contents of the urns end up in that hoover yet...

Had to happen.

Shes in the Dyson :D

Probably not the classic sitcom way to do it. Sad moment after it though, poor Joe and Cheryl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Saskia used play Zoe Tattersall in coronation street, thats probably where you recognise her from.

• Advertisement

lempsipmax wrote: »
    Saskia used play Zoe Tattersall in coronation street, thats probably where you recognise her from.

She has nice eyes imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Great episode, best in a while!

lempsipmax wrote: »

Yeah I saw that but I can't remember what she did or what her storyline was. She looks too familiar to have been in a dozen or so episodes of Corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

She didn't go as Desmond Tutu she went as Shaun Wright Phillips. Class line

Is Doreen Keogh, who played Mary, alive or dead does anyone know?

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Is Doreen Keogh, who played Mary, alive or dead does anyone know?
    Still alive, I checked while watching the the last Christmas special the other night when she was written out with incontinence. :pac:
    pasta-solo wrote: »
    Great episode, best in a while!
    Think it was the return to the house that returned it to form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glad to hear positive reviews of this..

.. Sky+'d it, and was praying it'd be better than 'The Golden Eggcup' last year.

• Advertisement

Think it was the return to the house that returned it to form.

+1

Definitely back on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Saskia was on Corrie years ago as a young kid called Zoe who was involved with Ashley, I think.She went off the rails a bit if I'm correct.

Saskia was on Corrie years ago as a young kid called Zoe who was involved with Ashley, I think.She went off the rails a bit if I'm correct.

ZoeTattersall.jpg
    Is that her.. I thought she was nice..

basquille wrote: »
    Glad to hear positive reviews of this..

.. Sky+'d it, and was praying it'd be better than 'The Golden Eggcup' last year.

Is it her took the baby or something?

Also Basquille, I thought The Golden Eggcup was OK, the one before it was awful thought. Tonight was really good, more than a couple of time I snorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She was also in Life on Mars, she played Sam Tylers mother in 1974.

Anyway, great episode easily the best since Queen of Sheba, when nana died. Some classic lines esp the Dyson/Die Soon one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone know if this is repeated anytime next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Yeah I saw that but I can't remember what she did or what her storyline was. She looks too familiar to have been in a dozen or so episodes of Corrie.

She played sams mam in life on mars, maybe thats where you've seen her

I remember when she popped up in LOM thinking "god she's definitely got more pretty since Corrie"!

mike65 wrote: »
    I remember when she popped up in LOM thinking "god she's definitely got more pretty since Corrie"!

Have to say I thought the same myself Mike... She used to look a bit like a junkie, but she looks a lot classier now..

jf.jpg

mancduff wrote: »
    She played sams mam in life on mars, maybe thats where you've seen her
    Have to say I thought the same myself Mike... She used to look a bit like a junkie, but she looks a lot classier now..

Aye, remember thinking she looked like a bit of a streetwalker in Corrie, not watched Life on Mars so it wasn't that.

This is one of the few times I've felt a TV show has fully redeemed itself after a poor return. :)

Aye, remember thinking she looked like a bit of a streetwalker in Corrie, not watched Life on Mars so it wasn't that.

This is one of the few times I've felt a TV show has fully redeemed itself after a poor return. :)

:eek:

/get thee to Amazon.co.uk NOW!

:eek:

/get thee to Amazon.co.uk NOW!

Just filling a new HD now, I'll be sure to hit Amazon!

The TV room in Amacachi's house...

server_room.jpg

She was also in Life on Mars, she played Sam Tylers mother in 1974.

Thats where I know her from :D tks :)

jf.jpg

Definitely cute imo :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement