Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Touch and Itunes Library Query..please help!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-12-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Basically, I got an ipod touch for christmas LAST year, i got a notebook in april and my itunes library was on a laptop which has since then been rendered useless. So i got an external disk drive for christmas this year, so i can use cds etc on my notebook. Therefore I want to transfer my library onto my new computer...(it doesn't bother me if I have to reload my music, I have them all on CD anyways). But i entered my ipod touch into my notebook and the only thing that is happening is that it wants me to open with different software, none of which has anything to do with apple. So i downloaded itunes from the apple website on this computer, then when i put in my ipod it says:

"This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again."

So now I'm at a loss. I looked for my ipod touch case and no CD or anything came with it from what I know so I have no ideas left....

PLEASE HELP!!! thanks! I'm sick of listenin to the same old songs! :(

Merry christmas too! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

did you download the latest versions of itunes? v10?
    and make sure you select the 64bit if you have a 64bit OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bluebell929

I downloaded it today, so if it's the newest version on the website then i downloaded that...I'm using windows XP so from my understanding i don't need that 64 whatchamecallit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The AppleMobileDeviceService is probably not installed correctly. Follow these steps to completely uninstall iTunes and reinstall it. If it's still not working the may be something like a firewall or antivirus blocking installing correctly so try temporarily disabling those.

Advertisement