Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voltage converter?

• 25-12-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi i bought a friend a christmas present in canada, at the time I wasn't aware of the difference between the voltage supply between our mains(240volt) and theirs (120volt). I have checked the box and it def runs on 120v. Was wondering if anybody on here knows where I would be able to pick up a voltage converter in the cork area? and if so how much should i expect to be paying?
    Merry Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Maplins in Blackpool Retail Park is probably your best bet. This looks like the cheapest model that converts 240V to 120V, there are other models shown in the 'Related Products' window lower down the screen when you click on the link.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=265197

If/When you find what you're looking for, make a note of the five digit Maplin stock code, you can do a check to see if it's in stock in the Cork store.

Advertisement