Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY HD 1.5TB Box

• 26-12-2010 1:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys ,

Do you know of anyone that would have one of the SKY HD 1.5TB box's ex stock ?

My SKY HD box has been playing up for ages , saying no satellite signal when indeed it does have one and really starts playing up when it records something , the second tuner goes on the blink , the only way to sort it is too plug her out , its grand for a day or two and goes back to its own ways.

Anyway the extra capacity will come in Handy , but being the time of year it is I was hoping I mite be able to find one in Ireland rather than waiting on a delivery as herself is doing her nut because all her recordings are getting messed up !

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Is it a Thomson manufacturer box? Renowned for power supply problems - just google "sky hd thomson psu".

You could try ringing sky, they now supply the Sky+HD 1TB box to the Republic for €249 and you may be able to haggle a deal out of them to get the box at a reduced price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It could also be a dish, LNB, or cabling problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Kensington wrote: »
    Is it a Thomson manufacturer box? Renowned for power supply problems - just google "sky hd thomson psu".

You could try ringing sky, they now supply the Sky+HD 1TB box to the Republic for €249 and you may be able to haggle a deal out of them to get the box at a reduced price.

Yep it is a Thomson 902020,

Might try get it repaired and put it in the bed room , but want to try get the New one of the main living room ,

Got a lovely 60" LG 3D TV and the recordings on SKY 3D eat up the space on the disk also.

If anyone had one of the 1.5GB I would buy it in a flash !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Peter Henderson

Try Here:

http://www.sers.me.uk/

They can repair the box, upgrade the hard drive, and save existing recordings. Very reasonably priced as well. Better than phoning Sky

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Yes this crowd have them in Stock I got one last week

Electroplus ~

Name: Electroplus
    Location: Unit 5, Block C,City Link Business Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    Telephone: +353 (0)1-4196240 Fax: +353 (0)1-4196254

E-mail: sales@electroplus.ie
    WWW: www.electroplus.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement