Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want nothing for something? Need help with Paypal/Wordpress

Options
  • 26-12-2010 1:25am

Hey all,

Been playing with trying to get a shopping cart system workin on wordpress. Trying to do it on the cheap as I know I'll never really make any money from it, and if i ever do think i'll make a fortune, i'd obviously set up a proper online store.

But anyway, I think I have managed to set it up so that I can sell things on my site. I was wondering if anyone fancied buying something (calendar) and letting me know how it went for them?

It's half 12 on christmas night, and im here alone, so I cant get a friend to log in to paypal to but it for me, so thought i'd turn to the helpful boards.ie crowd (I also tried to buy it myself, but it wouldn't let me as it knows I'm the seller).

I put the calendar price at 1 cent, and I tried to change the currency to Euro, but I'm not sure if Paypal will still take it as dollar or not.

Just wondering if anyone is bored and fancies spending 1 cent on nothing?

The site is shanemaguire.ie and the calendar is listed on the product page (on the left, at the bottom).

Also, if anyone does decide to be over-the-top helpful and buy it, can you tell me if you get redirected to a shanemaguire.ie thank you page (ie; not the Paypal thank you page)?

Cheers and Happy Christmas :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Good news is that it looks good right up to the order point. The bad news is I didn't take it any further. However, there is the Sandbox for PayPal testing, have a go at that.

Hope it helps & have a good Christmas.

Hi Trojan,

Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate it.

I looked at that Sandbox site for a few minutes but it was starting to anoy me so I got fed up with it. I do get the feeling it's more geared toward just actually getting a Paypal buy it now button on your website.

The Shopping cart add on i stuck on my wordpress already came with that sorta stuff, so I didn't want to accidentally wreck the site (I'm not the most knowledgeable on this kinda thing).

I'll be sure to get a friend or someone to buy the calendar tomorrow and see what happens from both our perspectives.

Cheers again though :)

Well, I think I have it sorted out now.

I sent 50c to an old Paypal account I had before. Then I logged in with that one and bought the calendar twice. First time just buying one, and the second time buying five.

It seems to be working OK now, and I've gotten the payments to my current paypal account. Well, actually, I haven't gotten any money (because Paypal took it all due to the payment size being so small, but there ya go) but I did get payment notification and an address to send to and the opton to refund, etc.

So I think I'm sorted now. Still nervous about it somehow managing to mess up, though.

Advertisement