Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misc. Awards: Best Scene - Nomination Thread

Options
  • 26-12-2010 1:56am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Best Scene in 2010!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2010
    • This is the first of three nomination waves. The rest will follow over the next few days and weeks, followed by voting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Confident that the zero-gravity fight in Inception will be nominated by others, I'll propose:

The shootout in Bad Lieutenant

and the rowing race in The Social Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Kick Ass: The first fight - I loved this scene simply because it crushed any half cocked idealistic dream I may of had of becoming a costumed vigilante. :P :pac:

Inception: Robert Fischer Sr dies - I dunno, this scene really moved me, simply because I think it's what we all want to hear from the person we look up to most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Toy Story 3 - 'that' scene. You know the one!
    Social Network - the scene where Zuckerberg hits on relationship status idea. Hilarious, energetic, and thematically perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kick Ass: The 'warehouse' scene. I think hairs stood up on end when I saw this, epic is the only word for it:

Toy Story 3:
    Andy bequeaths the toys to Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Inception gravity defying fight scene.

The opening scene of Kick-Ass

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Toy Story 3 -
    the Toys slipping into the incinerator

Inception - zero gravity fight sequence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Kick Ass: The 'warehouse' scene.

The Inception gravity defying fight scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The first scene in Mother (Madeo).

There are so many from that film including the one following immediately afterwards but this is so beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqokbMIzd7w&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Toy Story 3 Incinerator scene ;-;

Inception Zero gravity fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the one where zuckerberg gets dumped at the start of the social network

she says, listen, your gonna be successfull and rich, but your gonna go through life thinking that girls dont like you because your a tech geek, and i want you to know from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. it'll be because your an a$$hole. brilliant:D

Inception, when ellen page learning about being an architech and is constantly changing the world around her,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Toy Story 3: Incinerator (by faaaaaaaaar!)
    Kick Ass: Warehouse Scene (superb music, plus Cage's OTT performance = win!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Toy Story 3: Ending scene :(

The Social Network: Confrontation scene in Facebook office between Andrew Garfield and JT and Zuckerberg:

You better lawyer up, asshole, because I'm not coming back for the 30%. I'm coming back for everything!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Toy Story 3:
    Incinerator

Inception: Rotating hallway fight scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Inception's Hall Fight

Scott Pilgrim Vs Lucas Lee (Evil Ex #2)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kick Ass (Hit Girl Rescue Scene)

Kick Ass (Big Daddy Warehouse Scene)

John Murphy's music in both scenes made them stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

Toy Story furnace scene was the first time in a long time i nearly cried in the cinema. Only nearly though.
    Think I nominated this for last year aswell but how and ever, the scene where Viggo goes into the basement in The Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The Social Network
    The scene at the end where
    he keeps pressing F5
    - I thought it was brilliant. Very short but it summed up the entire facebook experience perfectly and showed us its creator was just another user. I loved that scene.

Inception
    The last scene (The very end of the movie)
    Summed up the movie in one simple idea bundled with another question. Genious - one of the best endings in years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement