Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to three = pain

Options
  • 26-12-2010 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So basically got a great new phone for christmas (xperia x10 mini) and decided to switch to three... Dad got it all arranged to switch on Christmas eve, I told him just to be on the safe side to start it a little early as my mams iPhone took ages to activate... Left it overnight, woke up to a sparkly new phone only to find there was no coverage went to my other phone and saw I had full vodafone coverage... They were supposed to be working 10-6 today and at 10:03 my mams phone activated... About an hour or two later I got my dad to ring them to find out what the story was.. They said theres an error in the switching process and it will take 24-48 hrs... This happened last time while switching to vodafone from o2... They said it was one in a million chance and would never happen... If three have messed this up for I will be so pissed!! I don't know what I'll do if get one in a million thing twice >.<... Sorry guys, just needed a place to rant... Anyone else had a problem like this?

EDIT: forgot to mention on my old phone with the vodafone sim still in.. I can't send messages or call people, I can receive them and for some odd reason I get random peoples messages...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you got the 3 sim in the 3 phone correctly?,
    The sim should be able to make calls regardless of what is happening with porting your number.
    You should have a temporary phone number from 3 at the moment, 083 xxxxx.
    What does it say on the sim pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevlar29

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's in the phone grand... The phone says that it's "not registered on network" when I try to call someone... I think it's in the porting process?? Idk? It's just the fact they said it would take two hours not at Leat two days

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kevlar29 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's in the phone grand...

Double check, you should have signal bars and be able to make a call, is it a pay as you go phone and you've got a new pay as you go sim(does it say 3pay on the sim pack that's in the 3 phone), also go into settings and then networks and search for available networks and click on 3.

There may be a delay with your number moving to 3 but the phone should still be working just with a temporary number.

You didn't put your old sim into the new phone by any chance?

Double check, you should have signal bars and be able to make a call, is it a pay as you go phone and you've got a new pay as you go sim(does it say 3pay on the sim pack that's in the 3 phone), also go into settings and then networks and search for available networks and click on 3.
    Took phone SIM out and put it back in, yep it's pay as you go, still no signal bars after that... Searched for networks and there were to threes: "3 (27201)" and "3 (27205)" clicked the first one... It said it registered.. Went to make a call an said network
    You didn't put your old sim into the new phone by any chance?

Nah that's still in my old phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sorry to hear that :(

They are not online for a few days, but for the future, they are also on boards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Advertisement

Oh well... Guess that's just how it is :P, just hope and wait I suppose.. Thanks so much for all your help, you guys are great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I hope you know that unless you have a 3 phone, that to check your balance you will have to go online or ring them up, there is no text equivalent like there is on other networks

NOBODY told me this before switching
    Very annoyed

youngblood wrote: »
    I hope you know that unless you have a 3 phone, that to check your balance you will have to go online or ring them up.

What do you mean "a three phone" like one bought specifically from them or one made by them?

Rang three yesterday only to be handed to a useless Indian help service and was told they had no record of my account and my old or new number and to go to the three store. So I went to the three store today and was told vodafone was the problem and weren't releasing my number? And it would definitely get ported within 24 hours... So now I wait, I honestly don't know what to do after that if it doesn't work. >.<

Advertisement