Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past exam papers

Options
  • 26-12-2010 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi I'm looking for any sites that can give me the older exam papers. examinations.ie only gives back to 95 as the earliest.

Any help would be appretiated. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

You won't need back that far.
    All exam syllabi (pl?) has been changed at least once since then, so you more than likely wouldn't need past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

My Irish teacher gave us the comprehensions from 1980 in a booklet, she wasn't even born then herself I'd say but sourced them. She also has a booklet for English but we don't have her. I asked her though and she's going to print out a copy for me. Then and the listenings are all we need from that subject. Don't waste time going too far back, mocks are more uptodate although often really off form the syllabus. What subject do you want them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Ancient exam papers are only useful for Chem and Ag science in my experience. Ag because the syllabus hasn't been changed in 7,000 years, and chem because in the new syllabus, questions have been copied and pasted from the likes of 1979 and such. Don't have a clue how you'd get the papers mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

theowen wrote: »
    Ancient exam papers are only useful for Chem and Ag science in my experience. Ag because the syllabus hasn't been changed in 7,000 years, and chem because in the new syllabus, questions have been copied and pasted from the likes of 1979 and such. Don't have a clue how you'd get the papers mind!

I'd add physics to that. Despite the syllabus changes, there's still repeats in questions on certain topics. Our teacher has questions going back to the 80's and some of them have basically been repeated in recent exams :P - he uses them mainly to make us aware of tricks that can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

And applied maths too... Any applied maths teacher will have papers going back decades though.
    It really depends on your subject whether ancient past papers would be useful. You can buy past mock papers here:
    http://pastpapers.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

theowen wrote: »
    Ancient exam papers are only useful for Chem and Ag science in my experience. Ag because the syllabus hasn't been changed in 7,000 years,!

Do you know where i can get these exam papers for Ag Science?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

NotExactly wrote: »
    Do you know where i can get these exam papers for Ag Science?
    Nope sorry. My teacher handed them out to us last year and mine were promptly dumped at the end of the year:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kate7

yes it would of great benefit if anyone could send on a site or even scan them onto your comp and post ag science papers from 1994 back!!!!
    really would be helpful thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

i seem to gather from the OP that you have done all the exam questions in all the years back to 1995.. every teacher has a booklet of all the pre papers from now to way back so why dont you ask them will they photocopy a few years for you to do! :)

Advertisement