Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

John 187 wrote: »
    Didn't see J Cole (is out already?) or Dre's D-Tox

Both mentioned at the beginning of this thread, looking forward to those two more than anything this year. Also have to mention 'The R.E.D. Album' which I'm hoping will be here before the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spekulativ fiktion

If boring pop music is what you are into stick to the new DRE ****. On the other hand:

The new 'Madvillain' will conquer all.

Waterford's 'Sons Phonetic' are dropping some dirty **** on '12 Labours' featuring the one and only 'Rira'!

Shameless Plug!!! Im doing a full length release to follow up to my debut EP 'living proof that the pen is mightier than the sword'
    Get it FREE at www.spekulativfiktion.bandcamp.com

Peace!!!

If boring pop music is what you are into stick to the new DRE ****. On the other hand:

The new 'Madvillain' will conquer all.

Waterford's 'Sons Phonetic' are dropping some dirty **** on '12 Labours' featuring the one and only 'Rira'!

Shameless Plug!!! Im doing a full length release to follow up to my debut EP 'living proof that the pen is mightier than the sword'
    Get it FREE at www.spekulativfiktion.bandcamp.com

Peace!!!
    Mate, you're actually signing up to a message board just to say Dre's album will be ***** and we should listen to you and your mate from Waterford instead?

Can't take you seriously now...

Good luck with the rap career though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

new eminem coming soon as i said on few times before. found this on a few sites, the same chap talked about the other eminem leaks before they were leaked a ew weeks back.

koololeaks.jpg?width=750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Orizio wrote: »

Copped this album recently. I know it's early days yet but.. album of the year? Instant classic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There are a few albums expected from Rhymesayers this year.
    Atmosphere in Feb
    Grieves & Budo are releasing an album called Together/Apart
    Rumours that Brother Ali will be dropping something too.
    Blueprint - Advetnures in Counter Culture in April

Rob Sonic Aesop Rock and some other guy have a group project thing that is finished and should be released soon. The small bits i've heard have been great.

The Random Axe album is finished and ready to be released.

Along with Sims' Bad Time Zoo, there should be a P.O.S album later in the year and hopefully a Cecil Otter/Lazerbeak album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Sam Sneeds album was an utter disappointment. Only about 4-5 songs were worth keeping. The gulf in class between original Death Row material and todays stuff was shocking.

There was two great songs: U Better Recogonize and Lady Heroine. Both of which had been bootlegged for years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Sam Sneeds album was an utter disappointment. Only about 4-5 songs were worth keeping. The gulf in class between original Death Row material and todays stuff was shocking.

There was two great songs: U Better Recogonize and Lady Heroine. Both of which had been bootlegged for years.

Disappointed to hear that, but kinda expected it. U Better Recogonize and Lady Heroine appeared on Soundtracks back in the day, Murder Was The Case and something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jigga95

I'd love to hear some new Jay electronica.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

New Cunninlyguists album is dropping on March 22th, artwork and tracklist:

cl_oneirology_cover.jpg

01. Predormitum (Prologue)
    02. Darkness (Dream On)
    03. Phantasmata
    04. Hard As They Come (Act I)
    05. Murder (Act II)
    06. My Habit (I Haven’t Changed)
    07. Get Ignorant
    08. Shattered Dreams
    09. Stars Shine Brightest (In The Darkest Of Night)
    10. So As Not To Wake You
    11. Enemies With Benefits
    12. Looking Back
    13. Dreams
    14. Hypnopomp (Epilogue)
    15. Embers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nice! That's now my number one most wanted this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear that, but kinda expected it. U Better Recogonize and Lady Heroine appeared on Soundtracks back in the day, Murder Was The Case and something else.

Oh they were officially released? I thought they just came with the other unreleased tracks that were released on a bootleg.

A member on a Tupac forum I moderate on contacted Sneed and explained how the fans felt disappointed that there was only four tracks from the Death Row era. This was the response.

Sam Sneed January 11 at 7:41pm Report
    SO SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT WHAT THEY ALL HAVE TO OVERSTAND IS 1. AT FIRST I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT MY FANS JUST WANTED TO HEAR ANYTHING THAT I WAS DOING UNTIL I FOUND OUT LATE IN THE GAME. YEAH I HEARD SOME SAYING THEY WANTED TO HEAR THE OLD ALBUM BUT I ALSO HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE WANTED TO HEAR WHAT I WAS DOING NOW. 2. SOME OF THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL FROM 96 WAS MISSING, THE SONG WITH SNOOP WAS ONE OF THEM. OTHER PARTS ON SOME OF THE OTHER SONGS WERE ALSO MISSING AND TO DUPLICATE ALL THAT WOULD HAVE DEMANDED TIME THAT I DIDNT HAVE BECAUSE I HAD TO TURN IN THE ALBUM QUICK, A MONTH FROM THE TIME THE BUDGET WAS CUT. THATS MY FAULT BECAUSE I COULD HAVE JUST GIVIN YOU ALL THE ORIGINAL UNCOMPLETED MATERIAL AS IS MIXED AND MASTERED 3. I WILL ALSO TAKE FULL BLAME FOR ALSO WANTING WHAT IM DOING NOW TO BE HEARD. 4. NOW IF YOU ALL STILL WANNA HEAR THE REST OF THAT ALBUM PUT TOGETHER PROPERLY, SEND A REQUEST TO WIDE AWAKE ENT. WHO SHOWED ME NOTHING BUT LOVE AND THEN I WILL DO MY BEST TO DUPLICATE THE REST OF THAT ALBUM THEN EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY AND WE ALL CAN GO PARTY. LOVE YOU ALL ONE LOVE MY SCHOLARS!

Pity that some of the material was missing. The song with Snoop he's talking about is Blueberries. A real nice G-Funk track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyone heard the new Kweli album yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Raekwon has 2 album this year, Shaolin Vs Wutang (tracklisting and coverart have been released) and Only Built For Cuban Links III.

Ghosty is releasing Ironman 2 and Supreme Clientele 2. Not sure if they are this year.

Liquid Swords 2 is also supposed to be coming this year.

EDIT: Liquid Swords 2 may not be this year, GZA is amking another album first that should come out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭madmandaniel

yeh man Reks is the ****... his between the lines mixtapes are ridiculously good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Quality track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Here's a song from it, listened to it about 5 or 6 times in a row now.

That's mint. I never really paid any attention to Reks in the past. Is it worth checking out some of his older stuff?

2040 wrote: »
    That's mint. I never really paid any attention to Reks in the past. Is it worth checking out some of his older stuff?

Grey Hairs and More Grey Hairs are decent. I wouldnt call them classics but there is defintely some great songs on them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The new Copywrite album is actually nice...
    Very surprised I liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

That Copywrite album is distinctly average. The High Exhaulted was his best piece of work and even that was an incredibly poorly put together piece of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Le King wrote: »
    That Copywrite album is distinctly average. The High Exhaulted was his best piece of work and even that was an incredibly poorly put together piece of work.

I was just REALLY surprised I didn't hate it to be honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

New Saigon album is ridiculous!

I also have a stream to Pharoahe Monch's new album, don't know if I'm aloud put the details here, but I'm 3 tracks and it's pretty damn good!
    "Calculated" is probably the best rapping I've heard from Pharoahe since Internal Affairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Madlib has a new album out, get it off Boomkat.

333.jpg

Agree with Horsebox a couple of posts up, loving Saigons album, can't stop listening to it.

New Sims album Bad Time Zoo is streaming on his facebook page. Awesome from what i've heard so far. All production from Lazerbeak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

New Sims album Bad Time Zoo is streaming on his facebook page. Awesome from what i've heard so far. All production from Lazerbeak.

I got it here. It's a nice album.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Just wondering if anybody knows wats up with Deltron 3030: Event II.
    I loved the first album and im a bit of a kid koala fan boy at the moment.
    Any info would be muchos appreciated

• Advertisement

beng128 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody knows wats up with Deltron 3030: Event II.
    I loved the first album and im a bit of a kid koala fan boy at the moment.
    Any info would be muchos appreciated

Not sure about it, Del is currently working on a tripple album that is his next project to drop.

Advertisement