Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

one of very few neptune beats i actually like, this track is a certified banger pusha t's new mixtape fear of god is one to look out for.

here's the interview with flex.

http://diversehiphop.com/2011/03/pusha-t-interview-with-funk-flex-talks-about-raidfear-of-god-more/

here's the raid track thats starting to get a buzz.

rap sh*t wud drive ya crazy it done drive shyne jew:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

horsebox09 wrote: »
    The new Cunninlyguists album is out there :cool:

And what an album it is!! well worth the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Makaveli wrote: »
    So is Pharoahe Monch.

Not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Apollo Brown has a new album out called Clouds, think its mostly instrumentals. Tunes are much more chilled that the beats on Gasmask and more like his The Reset comp. Probably my favourite producer at the moment

eminem leak they say it was intended for relapse 2.

http://diversehiphop.com/category/music/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Cant wait for Immortal Techniques Middle passage.

I would imagine its going to be the most vicious album all year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Big K.R.I.T.s new mixtape is out. More chilled then his first one but his production is excellent. Pretty good effort.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

theillest wrote: »
    Cant wait for Immortal Techniques Middle passage.

I would imagine its going to be the most vicious album all year

Premo has contributed a few beats to it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

Unless NaS makes an album this year, I can only assume that the best will be Kool G Rap's. Any update on if The D.O.C. will be dropping his new album?

I think Detox and RED Album will most likley suck anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

anyone ever listen to tyler the creators first album "b***ard"?

Goblin is out soon enough and was just wondering if I should purchase it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bastard is great, some not so good songs, but some great ones. I'd also recommend Earl's album as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Unless NaS makes an album this year, I can only assume that the best will be Kool G Rap's. Any update on if The D.O.C. will be dropping his new album?

I think Detox and RED Album will most likley suck anyways.

Bizarre assumption considering KGR and Nas haven't released a good album in years.

I'm quite looking forward to the G Rap album. In his last outings, the production has been a problem for me, if he tightens that end up, which I believe he is, we can expect something good.

As far as nas goes, unless it's the illmatic duece album that drops I ain't gonna bother listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Stab*City wrote: »
    And what an album it is!! well worth the wait.

Listened to this for the first time today (Cunninlynguists), was worried it was not going to meet my expectations but its the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What ever happened to The Lost Tapes II? Wasn't that supposed to be out by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I remember there was an issue with Def Jam, Nas wanted to release Lost Tapes 2 but Def Jam said if they were to release it, they would not consider it a part of the 5 album-deal he signed. Nas wasn't happy with this in the slightest, I think he wrote an open letter or a blog expressing his disappointment with Def Jam over this and that's the last I heard about the project, well over a year ago anyway.

I recall reading something recently saying that it's been shelved

Pity its shelved the first lost tapes was probably his second best album, actually preferred it slightly to stillmatic. Don't like the idea though of keeping the same name for albums and numbering them, just seems lazy or trying to cash in on a previous albums success. The second and third blueprint albums dont sound anything like the first one and are both crap. At least the second only built for cuban lynx compliments the first album and is good in its own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's not always the case that the "sequels" are crap but I think it tends to be a case where the first one is a really good album and then the next can't live up to it. Blueprint 2 was a mess of an album in general. OB4CL2 was good and Curren$y's Pilot Talk albums are both quality.

Still though there are barely no good follow up albums and even a smaller number of ones that improve on the original. Suppose the carter albums are all around the same quality with none overwhelmingly better then the others.

• Advertisement

anyone else check out Blueprint - Adventures in Counter Culture yet?

I think it's quite the album, not quite what I was expecting. Not your typical hip hop record with it's electro dancy numbers. But it's a great commentry on music in general.

man how havoc has an ear for beats, the sample for shook ones pt 2 hit the net today its a nice listen.

gotta respect havoc.

its only right il follow through from that with the actual track for any younger heads who dont know it.

mobb deep look like there making a comeback and the beef with nas is dead which is great. this was released ft nas around last week prod by alchemist, proper gritty NY sound to it both prodigy and nas kill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Listened to this for the first time today (Cunninlynguists), was worried it was not going to meet my expectations but its the business.

Just got it this week, I didnt listen to any leaks because i wanted to wait for my ltd edtion copy with bonus intrumentals disc. The album is terrific, well worht the wait.

Kno is on another level as far as production goes!

Now just the wait for my Blueprint and Atmosphere cds coming from America!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This is a remix of the track "Ready Set Go" off Killer Mike's new album PL3DGE...........with some lovely production from No I.D.

Btw does anyone here know when R.A.P. (Rebellious African People) Music, his collaboration with EL-P, is coming out? I'm really looking forward to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

man how havoc has an ear for beats, the sample for shook ones pt 2 hit the net today its a nice listen.

gotta respect havoc.

its only right il follow through from that with the actual track for any younger heads who dont know it.

mobb deep look like there making a comeback and the beef with nas is dead which is great. this was released ft nas around last week prod by alchemist, proper gritty NY sound to it both prodigy and nas kill it.

Was the sample not known until now? The actual sample sounds pretty crap, amazing what Havoc turned it into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Raekwon wrote: »
    This is a remix of the track "Ready Set Go" off Killer Mike's new album PL3DGE...........with some lovely production from No I.D.

Btw does anyone here know when R.A.P. (Rebellious African People) Music, his collaboration with EL-P, is coming out? I'm really looking forward to that!

Track is sick.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Was the sample not known until now? The actual sample sounds pretty crap, amazing what Havoc turned it into.

as far as i know according to several hip hop sites who highlighted it, ye though it is amazing bud.

Atmosphere's The Family Sign is out now, it's an incredible album.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lexluther

Hot Sauce Committee PT.2 Gonna be the Bomb. Make some noise.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JlPagwuyLA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Give it a listen dont just hate to hate samples Queen Bohemian Rhapsody its called Real Life Fantasy & is from his new album P.ain I.s L.ove 2 that is dropping June 7th along with another album titled Renaissance Project

he debuted it in NYC a few nights ago @ a Diddy concert where he reunited with lloyd & ashanti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oPlp785A8&feature=player_embedded

Advertisement