Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

7 Aurelius is a decent producer. He made a fantastic Thugz Mansion remix for 2Pac's Better Dayz album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leak from Tech N9nes All 6's & 7's album due out in June.

Personally I don't like it and Tech said on FB he really wished it hadn't leaked cuz it's completely different to whats on the rest of the album (thank God)

I love Music ft. Kendrick Lamar & Oobergeek

EDIT: Actually it's really growing on me, don't like the chorus tho.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I aint afraid to say this, but I'm looking forward to the new Asher Roth joint, Rawth EP. What i've heard so far is dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

New Dizzy (not that one!)

Collab album with Moonshine to be dropped in Summer sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Give it a listen dont just hate to hate samples Queen Bohemian Rhapsody its called Real Life Fantasy & is from his new album P.ain I.s L.ove 2 that is dropping June 7th along with another album titled Renaissance Project

he debuted it in NYC a few nights ago @ a Diddy concert where he reunited with lloyd & ashanti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oPlp785A8&feature=player_embedded

ye mate i posted real life fantasy on the track of the day thread a few days ago, its a good song very well done with the queen samples. its about time ja actually put something decent together because this album has been pushed back years now, although i dont like much of ja's music this is none the less a good song and hopefully the album will follow suit.

his career suffered badly as the beef with you know who, the one thing ja needs to do is dead that in the water and not go down that route again if he is going to make a comeback succesfully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fresh Daily has a new album out next week called "The Quiet Life". You can check out a song called Say Yes here:

http://www.freshdailymc.com/

I urge everyone to check out Fresh Daily, he's dope and has an excellent body of work so far (most of it free on his site).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Not sure if this is the right place, but the Beasty Boys have made a shortfilm with a ****load of big movie names in it, to accompany their upcoming video clip :cool:

New Soul Khan EP can be heard here -> http://soulkhan.com/

New album from Hail Mary Mallon is out tomorrow, called Are You Gonna Eat That?

But beware, Hail Mary Mallon consists of Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    New album from Hail Mary Mallon is out tomorrow, called Are You Gonna Eat That?

But beware, Hail Mary Mallon consists of Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz :D

This one's been kind of under the radar hasn't it?

• Advertisement

2040 wrote: »
    This one's been kind of under the radar hasn't it?
    There have been a few hints about it over the last year or so. Rob Sonic does loads of web-blogs and has talked about it there.

Fresh Daily has a new album out next week called "The Quiet Life". You can check out a song called Say Yes here:

http://www.freshdailymc.com/

I urge everyone to check out Fresh Daily, he's dope and has an excellent body of work so far (most of it free on his site).

The Quiet Life is FREE to download from the quoted website. Not sure how long that will last

New Tech N9ne!!! He is live on Ustream from XXL at the moment on http://www.ustream.tv/xxlmagazine

He played the new track from All 6's & 7's - World Wide Choppers featuring Busta, Yelawolf and loads more. Already up on yootoob!

They are just about to play it for 3rd time. Best track of the year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Goblin has leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oledaveoh

Re: Are you going to eat that

Got the album two days ago, and all though it usually takes quite a few listens for an album to kick in and familiarize itself with me before I can pass judgement, I think I can safely say that this is one is excellent!
    Rob Sonic compliments Aes and vica versa in ways that make you want to hit the repeat button.

Definitely recommended

oledaveoh wrote: »
    Re: Are you going to eat that

Got the album two days ago, and all though it usually takes quite a few listens for an album to kick in and familiarize itself with me before I can pass judgement, I think I can safely say that this is one is excellent!
    Rob Sonic compliments Aes and vica versa in ways that make you want to hit the repeat button.

Definitely recommended

Have to agree, excellent album, Mailbox Baseball, Smock and Breakdance Beach are the highlights for me.

just posted same video on track of the day, budden got rape* on this. you know he will have to get help from slaughterhouse in his reply i dont think budden has it in his locker to top this on his own, Arsonal just hit home with this one of the best diss's i heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spekulativ fiktion

That Arsonal is class, hadn't heard him before. Found this vid of him battling Tech Nine. Watched and thought that doesn't look or sound like Tech N9ne!! Very misleading but a funny battle. Full 30 mins is on youtube.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That Arsonal is class, hadn't heard him before. Found this vid of him battling Tech Nine. Watched and thought that doesn't look or sound like Tech N9ne!! Very misleading but a funny battle. Full 30 mins is on youtube.

that was my first time hearing of him mate, i checked a few of his videos on youtube after it and he is pretty good to say the least. i hope budden and slaughterhouse respond hip hop needs mc's battling and there's not much lryical battles these days i think it would be good for hip hop.

another banger of pusha t's mixtape, he just relesed the offical video for open your eyes needless to say its a hit, the queen sample fits it perfect.

• Advertisement

Hey Spec, I like the sound man. Downloading the EP now, best of luck with the album!

Yelawolf looks like he's gonna be big this year, signed to Shady Records and already spit fire on that Worldwide Choppers tune, gonna be keeping an eye on him.

Love this tune

Yelawolf looks like he's gonna be big this year, signed to Shady Records and already spit fire on that Worldwide Choppers tune, gonna be keeping an eye on him.

WORD!!!

Hey Spec, I like the sound man. Downloading the EP now, best of luck with the album!
    Thanks a mill dude. Hopefully gonna be doing a tour at the end of the summer or at least in Spetember.

Found this guy through Yelawolf, absolutely deserves to get big this year! You can download his EP below. Looks like a mix of Hurley & ZZ Topp

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/rittz-white-jesus/

Rittz the Rapper - White Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

anyone else check out Blueprint - Adventures in Counter Culture yet?

I think it's quite the album, not quite what I was expecting. Not your typical hip hop record with it's electro dancy numbers. But it's a great commentry on music in general.

Listened to this for the first time today. I wasnt expecting to like it but its nice, production is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

new j cole track. absolute quality!!! his lead single being released later in the week aswell! Cole World :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

MC Eiht & Dj Premier dropping an Album in June/july ....................can't wait for that.

Advertisement