Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Can't wait for that ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New Jay Rock is absolute fire!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

New track with Raekwon and Nas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ankydas

Hi all,
    I am new to this discussion. I need new and good hip hop music.Actually I am a Hip hop lover dancer but do not have that much collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ankydas wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am new to this discussion. I need new and good hip hop music.Actually I am a Hip hop lover dancer but do not have that much collection.

if your looking for new hip hop in particular try these 2 sites they update daily with new music to listen and download and also rate them, i wouldnt look no further than these 2 for new hip hop and also datpiff is great for mixtapes and downloading each song individually if you dont want the whole mixtape.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/

http://www.datpiff.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

ankydas wrote: »
    Hi all,
    do as mufcboy suggested and go through the sites rather than listen to people telling you who you should check out.
    rap radar, nah right, 2dopeboys all decent sites, all with links to other sites, go there and see what you find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

interesting documentary coming up about a tribe called quest called beats,rhymes and life its going to be released in the cinemas in america this friday, a snippet was released yesterday.

it looks pretty good.

been out about a month now buddy, personally i thought it was just ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    can we post stuff in our profile or is links to down loads out of the question all together?

If it's something the artist has made freely available then you can link it, if it's dubious then you're better off not doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

New Doom x Ghostface track is dope as hell, apparently Swift & Changable is coming out this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PoppyRowe

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    been out about a month now buddy, personally i thought it was just ok.

I really enjoyed the Tribe documentary, I actually thought it was far better than I anticipated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Is it just in cinemas yet? Not on iTunes or the like? I'm talking about the Tribe doc btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PoppyRowe

I'm working in the US right now so I went to see it here. I guess there was a really good atmosphere and everyone seemed like a hardcore Tribe fan, I guess the ambience was just really good so it made the film as a whole better. Americans are very expressive in the theatre...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm looking forward to seeing the Tribe doc. But havent seen it available anywhere yet
    PoppyRowe wrote: »
    Americans are very expressive in the theatre...

I'll never forget when i went to see the second American Pie movie on opening night in the US. Missed most of the movie because people where shouting repeating the funny lines, people started acting out some of the scenes and the normal hooting and hollering that they do in the cinema.

never heard of tito lopez til today, he looks like he is a proper talent going by this freestyle for dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

whoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Dont sleep!
    Hassaan Mackey & Apollo Brown - Daily Bread

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stab*City wrote: »
    Dont sleep!
    Hassaan Mackey & Apollo Brown - Daily Bread
    Did you get the Daily Bread Mixtape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Did you get the Daily Bread Mixtape?

No is it good?

• Advertisement

dre and snoop approving jay rocks new album:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA thats class!

Guy on youtube has the whole album up on his channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueMoneyTV#p/u/16/sv9pj7a2e0g

sheehy83 wrote: »
    HAHA thats class!

Guy on youtube has the whole album up on his channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueMoneyTV#p/u/16/sv9pj7a2e0g

good stuff, i see he has all of lamars album on his channel too. im going to give it a listen now, everything iv heard so far is top quality. i think its out on itunes 2mro i bought a 25 euro itunes card today to buy section 80 and follow me home but i made a balls out of scratching the back of it:mad: hopefully tesco will give me an exchange otherwise thats 25 quid down the drain and a further wait to get me hands on this.

supposedly recored before amy winehouse died, i have my doubts you never know though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

May have been posted already but Jean Grae has a new free mixtape out a few moths that I only saw now called Cookies and Comas

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/jean-grae-cookies-comas

lovin this from krit, wont be everyone's cup of tea.

the radio dont play the sh*t i use to love or maybe im just growin up

maybe thats true might explain how some of us have trouble liking modern day hip hop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I never heard about this back in 2005/6, but it's getting a release soon. This will be pleasing for Illogic fans, there is a link in the quote to donwload a track as well.
    Year 8076: The Lost Album

8076_Draft_4_copy.png

Free Download "How You Want it"

For those of you that have been fans of mine for a few years now, you may recall reports of an Illogic album set to be released on Rhymesayers Entertainment around 2005-2006 called, Year 8076 produced entirely by Columbus, Ohio's own Walter Rocktight. With the success and critical acclaim being received by Celestial Clockwork, it seemed the right time to take a major step with my music and career. There was never anything formally signed with Rhymesayers, but Walter Rocktight and I were in serious talks about the release of the album with the groundbreaking label. Since I was heavily touring with their artists such as Eyedea and Abilities, Soul Position, as well as doing spot dates with Atmosphere for many years, it was a logical move for both them and I.

Year 8076 came about on the heels of releasing Celestial Clockwork. With my career headed in the right direction, three really good albums available to the public, and a spot captured on Urb Magazine’s Next 100 list (Before there was a XXL Freshmen 10), I wanted to do something different. Step away from the darkness and depression of Celestial Clockwork, and make a fun record with a party vibe.

Walter Rocktight, a party Dj and great untapped resource as a producer had been a friend of mine for sometime in the Columbus hip-hop scene. He had already been making noise with his mixtape game, producing for Sa Smash's debut album ''Smashy Trashy'' on Def Jux Records, and recording songs with Copywrite for ''EC all stars 4'' released on Eastern Conference Records in early October, 2004. After a getting wind of his adept production, I asked if he wanted to do a few songs, he was down…and so it began. We became the group 8076. The meaning behind the name was that the 80 was for the year that I was born and 76 for the year that he was born.

I went into the creation and writing of this album to have fun, lighten up my subject matter a bit, but still show off my skills as an emcee. Rocktight’s production was such a departure from Blueprint’s whose sound I had been submerged in for some many years making my first three albums. It includes quite a few radio friendly tracks showcasing Rocktight’s brilliant sampling of live instrumentation, and of course my storytelling ability weaved in with an edge of satire, always witty wordplay, and extensive vocabulary. For those fans of the dense Celestial Clockwork, Year 8076 is a lighter version of my complexity but still in some ways an anti-party party album. A beautiful and well-crafted bridge to bring the listener out of the darkness that was Celestial Clockwork. I think it makes for a balanced and fun record.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen life circumstances, Rocktight and I advised Rhymesayers that we would not be releasing the album and it has since sat on the shelf. This was the beginning of my five-year hiatus leading up to the release of Diabolical Fun in 2009. If I’m being honest, not releasing this record has always been the one thing in my musical career that I regret. At this point, I just want it to see the light of day to show people a time in my development as an Emcee which never reached fans ears.

I think that it is a great album and I hope you all enjoy listening to it as much as I did making it. Before I can show you where I'm going I feel I need to show you all of the places that I have been. Year 8076

• Advertisement

i wasnt expecting a second one of these but i'm all for it

features Talib Kweli, U-God, Jay Electronica, OC, Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa, Jim Jones, Sean Price & The Cool Kids.

Advertisement