Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy water, anyone?

Options
  • 26-12-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I'm in Monkstown and our water pressure started reducing last night around 6pm, then finally stopped around 9pm. We thought it was just another planned reduction, but checking the website this AM, there were no planned reductions for the Christmas period. SO I'm guessing that there's been a leak/burst main somewhere.

Anyone suffering from the same? Or has anyone got more insight into what's going on?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

http://dlremergencyupdates.blogspot.com/

A lot of issues all around Dublin at the moment, although don't see your area
    listed in emergency blog
    Monday, December 27, 2010
    Water Supply Update - 27/12/10 @ 11:45
    We regret that the areas identified yesterday (see Blog Post below 26/12/10 12.30 pm) in Stepaside/Sandyford remain without water supply (areas on higher ground) or with reduced pressure today as our crews continue with essential pump repairs, which are proving difficult. We will update residents on progress by 5.00p.m this evening, or as soon as information becomes available.

We will continue to replenish water bowsers in place at Stepaside Park and St. Patricks Park.

Work is also continuing on burst mains in the following areas:
    Callary Road and adjacent roads - Mount Merrion
    Seafield Estate
    Balally Grove - Dundrum
    Pearse Road - Sallynoggin
    Ticknock

We are asking residents to make extra efforts to CONSERVE WATER whenever and wherever possible to assist in the recovery process following the thaw and as we find and fix leaks. Your patience and co-operation is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Seems to be very low pressure in Templeogue.
    Water seems to be fine from the cold tape downstairs but nothing going up to the tank in tha attic.

On the web is says "
    At 7pm today Customers south of the Naas Road will begin to experience significant losses of pressure leading to a loss of supply. "

but it has been down most of the day..........

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I live in butterfield avenue in rathfarnham which is just across the bridge from templeogue and our water has been really low in pressure since the morning of christmas day. It seems to come back every few hours though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm in Tymon north and our water is gone from about 8 last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The blog is the best thing to check, although they don't always have *everywhere* listed, they do state that some roads adjacent / near to the ones listed can also be affected.
    Our area wasn't listed for the 27th-28th overnight but we had no water 7pm til after 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

As I said, I had checked the blog and nothing on it.

In the end, the neighbours did have water. Myself and my dad dug a hole near the connection between our house pipe and the mains, found the pipe into ours, put a blow torch up against it (copper pipe) and had the water back in about 45 mins!

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Is anyones water still murky when it comes back though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Is anyones water still murky when it comes back though?

Yeah, water very cloudy all day yesterday, it went again last night and still waiting for it to come back.

Advertisement