Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fkiely's Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

68.47 on England -3 at 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm on that, looks a great bet

Horgan wrote: »
    I'm on that, looks a great bet

Hopefully mate. Will be a cracking game regardless.

fkiely wrote: »
    68.47 on England -3 at 10/11

80 more on this.

Happy days, great game to boot.

Profit: 883.44

• Advertisement

50.44 on Stoke at 11/10
    100 on Villa at 10/11

85.92 on Scotland +14 at 10/11
    50 on a Bilboa (4/6) and Getafe (5/6) double

Villa messed that up.

50 on Berbatov wincast at 5/4

66.81 on Villarreal -2 at 2/1

50 on Villarreal to win at 10/3

• Advertisement

After much consideration I've decided to have my biggest bet in a while. I really fancy our chances today and I know I'm breaking the cardinal rule of not gambling on your team but anyway.

200 on West Ham at evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nothing worse than backing your own team and they lose...its a double kick in the nuts and as an Everton fan i know all about it :mad:
    That Obinna looks quality though

Bollocks to that anyway.

40 on Torres Wincast at 6/4
    60 on Chelsea -1 at 6/4

50 on a treble of Real -2 (6/5), Valencia -1 (13/10) and Pittsburg Steelers (5/4)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Good luck with the Steelers lm on them myself.

Shame, would have been a lovely treble to make up for another shocker of a day. I don't know why but I seem to have one terrible day a weekend these days which tends to wipe out all of my profit from the week. It's probably too easy to blame the booze but it's certainly a coincidence. Profit: 503

Huddersfield – Carlisle
    Interesting game here tonight and one I feel there is some value in the home side within. Huddersfield are on very good form at the moment and have been decent all season at home. At the weekend they had another cracking result, winning 4-1 away at Exeter.
    Carlisle on the other hand aren’t on great form at all, losing the last two games and most tellingly, losing 3-1 at home to Walsall at the weekend, which was a very poor result considering that Walsall are struggling in the relegation zone. They’ve lost four of the last five away games and seem to struggle away from home.
    These two teams met in the league last week, in the same circumstances (Huddersfield at home) and Huddersfield came out comfortable winners, 2-0. According to various match reports it could easily have been more.
    Danny Cadamereri could make his return for Huddersfield after rejoining the club from Dundee United and they have a relatively free bill of health. The main loss appears to be Benik Afobe, who is looking unlikely to make it. This appears in direct contrast to Carlisle, who have various injury problem, most notably their captain Paul Thirwell and their on loan duo Dudgeon and Cooper. There are also doubts over Ben Marshall but he’s expected to make it at this stage. As a bit of Irish interest, Paddy Madden could make an appearance for the visitors at some stage.
    The first leg of this finished 4-0 to Carlisle, which was a mightily impressive result and Carlisle could be forgiven for believing they’ve one foot in the next round. One would imagine that they don’t really need to score as such, bar a miracle comeback. Huddersfield have to go for it on the other hand and it should make for compelling viewing.
    All in all I quite like the look of Huddersfield tonight and am willing to take them at the prices on offer.
    Ireland – Wales
    Still not sure on how serious this Nations Cup is going to be really. At the end of the day, it’s essentially a glorified friendly but it should have a bit more to it than usual.
    Both sides are depleted by withdrawals (as per usual) but it seems the Irish are less so. When you look at the respective teams it seems that the Irish are in a much stronger position than the Welsh. When combined with home advantage it looks a decent price on an Irish win. The big worry I’d have about a home win is the fact that it’s Gary Speeds first game in charge and thus could be prone to an upset here. However you’d imagine Trap would have enough experience to counter this expected eagerness and desire from the Welsh.
    It’s a big chance for a couple of the Irish players tonight and one they should really be hoping to take advantage of. It’s a very decent back five, with Ciaran Clark finally getting the nod ahead of that liability Kilbane. This improves our defence no end and there’s no real weak link anymore. It’s in the centre of midfield that the problems arise for Ireland and against decent opposition, the likes of Gibson and Green really struggle. Duff will provide his usual and it’s fantastic to see Coleman on the right. Doyle is playing well at the moment and it’s a big chance for Walters to impress tonight. I’d expect to see Long on at half time and he’s on fantastic form at the moment.
    The Welsh have been hit by the withdrawal syndrome worse than Ireland it seems and the likes of Gabbidon, Bellamy, Bale and Ramsey are massive losses for a team which struggles with quality already. Even players like Ched Evans, Steve Morrison and Dave Edwards are big enough losses for a paper thin pool of players. The main worry, apart from Speeds first game, will probably stem from Andy King and Robert Earnshaw. Nothing to really worry a traditionally strong Irish defence.
    The Welsh have lost their first three qualifiers and seem in a bit of disarray and in the process of attempting a restructuring of the national team. It’s a team in transition but one which looks weak enough and I’d expect them to struggle a bit tonight.
    25 on Huddersfield -1 at 7/5
    20 on Ireland -2 at 2/1
    58 on a Huddersfield (8/13) and Ireland (8/11) double.

Going with the double myself but only a tenner.
    Did you mean Ireland (-1) at 2/1?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Going with the double myself but only a tenner.
    Did you mean Ireland (-1) at 2/1?

Yes, apologies. Meant to be -1. -2 would be a bit hopeful! Good luck with your double mate.

Great picks tonight mate..good to see all your bets come in...cheers for the double.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Great picks tonight mate..good to see all your bets come in...cheers for the double.

Glad to see it come in for you mate.

Profit/Loss: 681.83

Only the one for me tonight.

Scotland - Northern Ireland

Have to say I'd have Scotland odds on in this tonight so I'm very happy to take the the 5/4 on offer.

The NI team probably has a bit more experience but I think the Scottish have much more talent in their ranks for tonights game. Both sides have been hit with numerous withdrawals but it's certainly hit NI much more. Aside from losing the likes of Chris Brunt, Aaron Hughes, Kyle Lafferty, Maik Taylor, Craig Cathcart and various others, Jonny Evans and Warren Feeney pulled out yesterday. For a side who don't exactly have a massive pool of talented players, these withdrawals are very significant. The big dangers come from Healy and McCourt but the former is seriously lacking game time at the moment.

On the Scottish side, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch and Grahem Dorrens are the big losses. However when one still looks at the options available to Craig Levin, there is still a plethora of options for him tonight. The defense is still quite solid and the midfield has plenty of options. Up front Kenny Miller will be hoping to do something on his debut as captain.

Scotland have been on decent form of late and look a much better outfit under Levin, none more so than that fantastic performance against Spain, losing 3-2 in a game they should have won. NI on the other hand are as they always are. Solid at home, dodgy away. Will be tougher than many are prediciting but hopefully the Scottish will have too much for a resilant NI team.

81.83 on Scotland at 5/4

Just heading out so no time for reasoning.

Have been looking into it an really fancy over 2.5 goals in the Denmark - England game at 11/10. 100 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

^^^^^^^

that bet is looking very good right now :)

kryogen wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

that bet is looking very good right now :)

Two goals in the first ten minutes? Certain to finish that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Thanks for the bets, stuck Scotland and overs in a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Great bets,fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Good stuff and a nice profit.

Keep it goin

2 good days for you mate....keep it up!!

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, appreciated. Now watch as the usual happens and I lose most of it in one day at the weekend being hungover..

Profit/Loss: 894.12

Advertisement