Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 - B-spec drivers ad events

• 26-12-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else shout at their tv when your numptie driver does stupid stuff during a race? Like floor it coming out of corners causing spins? Or trying to overtake on the outside? Or passing and then leaving acres of room for the lad to re-pass?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

pretty much, or spins out on the last corner of a 10 lap fcukin race !

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

S.loeb ye b*****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Never tried the B spec yet. I don't think I could handle the frustration. :D

I can't handle football manager games either, I have to control the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

The drivers are crap at the start. They get better with experience.

It would not really make sense if they were excellent at the start, IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

My bunch are pretty retarded all the time. Have 4 all above 25 level. And they still do stupid things like drive straight into the back of the guy in front, pass out and then leave the whole track open to be passed again while braking too early into corners. Drives me mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I really, really, really hate b spec. I'm on about level 17 at the moment, currently doing a race. It's absolutely pointless. I really hate the way you win similar cars to a spec, so lots if the races are pointless. Like the sport truck you get a daihatsu midget in a and b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Gsxr600

My b spec is now halfway lv 35, still makes mistakes overtaking, but its much better now.
    Use 4wd cars wherever possible and just work Your way up:D
    All the best lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

I just start the race , and turn off tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Does anyone try issuing commands to the driver?! I've only played it once but when I told him to speed up, he just went nuts and kept driving off. When I told him to calm down, he just let everyone overtake him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Does anyone know anything about the tires? All i can choose is sport or comfort on all the B specs so far. Im only on lvl 17 in B. Really annoying, and there never seems to be traction control on Bspec either. Love the game otherwise

But tyres in the tuning shop and fit them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Having to do bspec to get certain cars ruins the game. Why oh why did they include it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I gave my n00b rookie a blast in my hot rodded Chevy.

That was worth a few minutes laughter and light entertainment before x'ing out and going back to driving myself.

Will return to the b-spec section when I get bored trying to get all golds.

But tyres in the tuning shop and fit them

I have soft racing tires for all my cars, thats the whole point. It never lets me use the racing tires for B-spec

Your doin something wrong so. You put on the tires in the drivers options before the race start, and not in the tuning section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Alot of the B-spec events have stricter tyre restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I hate it when my fela is driving on Daytona in my Sauber Mercedes and refuses to go above 160mph even if he's in the lead.Its best to just start the race and do something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Just change the gearbox setting and he will go faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I have it at around 240mph but when he gets near anyone he slams the brakes and wont ovetake

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Alot of the B-spec events have stricter tyre restrictions

I wonder what the reasoning behind this is. I have a 900hp merc that is undrivable on sport or comfort tyres and my drivers are not the brightest so its bloody tough. Actually, the main thing that annoys me about my drivers is that they don't push hard enough. Often they have acres of space to pass but instead they just tuck in behind the car in front and wait for a while. I'm hoping they'll improve in later levels.
    Love this game though. Nothing like driving 200+mph down the long straight in circuit de la sarth in the pitch darkness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

did they even get anyone in Quality Control to play B Spec to see was it in anyways fun at all - it's the greatest heap of ****e feature in a game I've ever come across - trying to get to lvl40 is like torture - And you don't even have Special Events and Seasonal events to help either - Grinding in A Spec is bad enough but having to sit there and watch a ****e driver doing laps of a track and making a complete disaster of it is nothing short of frustration especially seeing as there's nothing you can do about it... then add in that the races are nearly twice as long as A spec

what a terrible feature to include - like seriously like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just put him into a superior car and let him off. No need to watch him.

Advertisement