Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what time pubs open today?

Options
  • 26-12-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Want to get me alco da out of the house so i can pig out in front of telly all day.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

and close?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

I know the place i work is open at 1130-430, then back open, 730-1130.

I am a barman btw....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My local does'nt open till 3 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I know the place i work is open at 1130-430, then back open, 730-1130.

I am a barman btw....

Early shop. Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Not sure what time pubs are closing at tonight. Is tomorrow a bank holiday? I remember last time Stephans Day fell on a Sunday, the pubs had to close at 11pm - ie. normal Sunday night closing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure what time pubs are closing at tonight. Is tomorrow a bank holiday? I remember last time Stephans Day fell on a Sunday, the pubs had to close at 11pm - ie. normal Sunday night closing time.

That sounds like an unholy disaster! Hopefully proper precautions will have been taken this time to avoid something like that happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Wolf Club wrote: »
    That sounds like an unholy disaster! Hopefully proper precautions will have been taken this time to avoid something like that happening again.
    The law was/ still is unclear because the guards actually went around to all the pubs that night to inform them of the closing time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

i'm working tonight so i f*cking hope closing time is 11pm... that still gives me time to get drunk at meet up with my friend's birthday party.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Closing time is 11pm I do believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

they close at 1130 i think
    but that closing during the day is a load of b@l@x

having to get home and go back out again thats why i having house party

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

tomorrow is not a bank holiday so normal sunday rules apply, 11pm closing times

skelliser wrote: »
    tomorrow is not a bank holiday so normal sunday rules apply, 11pm closing times

Wrong!

Tomorrow and Tuesday are bank holidays. They have to be to account for Christmas day and st. Stephens day being at the weekend. Id be shocked if most pubs do not have normal sunday before a bank holiday monday opening hours, so 12:30 for pubs that dont have late licenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Want to get me alco da out of the house so i can pig out in front of telly all day.

Would you Dad be off his face by now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Wrong!

Tomorrow and Tuesday are bank holidays. They have to be to account for Christmas day and st. Stephens day being at the weekend. Id be shocked if most pubs do not have normal sunday before a bank holiday monday opening hours, so 12:30 for pubs that dont have late licenses.

correct!!! however a lot of pubs don't open/close farcically early on stephens day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Sacred_git wrote: »
    correct!!! however a lot of pubs don't open/close farcically early on stephens day!
    Wrong!
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

The Public Holidays are December 25th and 26th. Because they fall on a weekend, people who ordinarily work Mon - Fri are entitled to the next two working days off instead of having Sat and Sun be their day off. This does not make Mon and Tues public holidays.

(So I guess they open the shorter hours (of 'Sunday hours' and 'Public holiday hours') unless there's something specific about Sunday public holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Wrong!

WRONG!!!:rolleyes:;)

skelliser wrote: »
    WRONG!!!:rolleyes:;)

Big letters don't make you right, I'm in the pub it's 12:07 and service is still flying so ha ha ha ha your wrong!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2000/en/act/pub/0017/sec0003.html
    “(1) Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—

(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;

(b) on any other day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—

(i) Saint Patrick's Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(ii) the 23rd December: if it falls on a Sunday, between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

(iii) Christmas Eve and the eve of Good Friday: between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

(iv) the eve of any public holiday (other than Christmas Eve):

(I) if the eve falls on a weekday, between 10.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day, or

(II) if it falls on a Sunday, between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(v) any other Sunday (except a Saint Patrick's Day which falls on a Sunday): between 12.30 p.m. and 11.00 p.m.;

(vi) any other Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday: between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.; and

(vii) any other Thursday, Friday or Saturday: between 10.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day.

(1A) The hours specified in paragraph (b) of subsection (1) in respect of any day specified in that paragraph are in addition to the period between midnight and 12.30 a.m. on that day where that period is included in the hours so specified in respect of the eve of that day.

(1B) In subsection (1), ‘public holiday’ has the meaning given to it by the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997 .”.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html
    Public holidays falling on a weekend

Where a public holiday falls on a weekend, you do not have any automatic legal entitlement to have the next working day off work. This occurs in 2010 when Christmas Day (25 December) falls on a Saturday and St Stephen's Day (26 December) falls on a Sunday. It also occurs in 2011 when New Year's Day (1 January) falls on a Saturday. This means that Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December 2010, and Monday 3 January 2011 are not public holidays. When this happens you are entitled to the normal alternative arrangements concerning employment and public holidays that is:

A paid day off within a month of the public holiday
    An additional day of annual leave
    An additional day's pay
    The nearest church holiday to the public holiday as a paid day off.

Your employer can require you to attend work on those days.

So if citizensinfo is correct then 27th is not a public holiday, so 26th is not on the eve of a public holiday and so pubs should have closed at 11pm. Maybe the definition is different in that working time act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

CorkMan wrote: »
    Would you Dad be off his face by now?
    He's still not home yet. Not that i am complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

He's still not home yet. Not that i am complaining.

Jaysus I'll take it he's not a nice guy so.

Advertisement