Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange lights

Options
  • 26-12-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I hope this is the appropriate forum.

About 8.30 last night I was in a friends house in Navan, Co Meath. We were out for a smoke when we saw a very bright orange light in the sky moving from east to north at what looked like an incredible speed. There was no noise from an engine and it moved at different speeds before seemingly stopping before disappearing off into the distance.

I thought it might have been a satellite until a saw a second one doing the very same thing a few minutes later.

Did anyone else see this and what on earth was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Paper lanterns. Saw a few myself elsewhere. They were following the winds, rising quickly, then disappearing as the candle burned out. Very popular in Asia.

Either that or aliens have begun their conquest of Earth. The fact that they picked Navan as a starting point of their great invasion probably means they aren't too bright and that we should be able to fight them off easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I saw one around 23:45 in South Dublin. Hadn't a clue what it was but that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kitkat.3b4t

Hi folks

I was just looking through previous threads and chinese lanterns seem to be sighted regularly.

I would like to add to this thread by diverting the topic a little. In November 2006 I saw 3 white points of light which made a triangular shape about as big at the full moon. It was after 7pm and they were located north east above Orion and a little to the East.

At first I thought that it was a star formation that I hadnt noticed before, but after around 60 seconds or so the whole triangle moved and turned a little then dissapeared.

I know it happend quite a while ago but has anyone seen anything similiar? There was no sound of engine and it wasnt a plane or lantern. Maybe it had something to do with the space station but it certainly was stationary for a while

Advertisement