Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox 360 damaging games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

I went to gamestop and smyths yesterday, neither could fix the disks. I bought another copy of one of the games, while the kids were playing it (no one near the console) it made the crushing noise again, froze and when we took the disk out it had a circle again. I brougth the xbox back to the retailer looking for a replacement. I'm adamant that the console is faulty but they don't believe me, said its got to do with the way its set up. They have taken it to test but don't get the impression I'll be getting a new machine. The kids are so pissed off, now they have nothing to play with. Any suggestions to what I should do.

Rgs

Lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Purtellg

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    MS does replace discs, but you have to pay (not sure of the fee but its alot less than a new copy of the game often

Xbox replace MICROSOFT published games, not all games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NatalieA

If they don't replace it., try wrighting to XB support, or call them, what will they say. Maybe can replace it by post? If don't,- really bad for they reputation. :(
    http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/contact-us.aspx
    to order replacement: http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/games/disc-replacement-program.aspx#getreplacementdisc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NatalieA

https://myservice.xbox.com/en-GB/Pages/welcome.aspx
    to request a repair
    Still think, they should replace it, not f fair.
    "Under this Manufacturer’s Guarantee, Microsoft warrants to you that during the Manufacturer’s Guarantee Period, your Xbox 360 S or Accessory (1) will not malfunction under normal conditions of use; and (2) will be of a standard and quality normally expected for goods of its kind."
    They could blame you, but don't see how can prove that You moved it.
    "Warning Do not move the console while it is turned on or when a disc is inside, because you might damage the console or scratch the disc."
    Good Luck, feel really sorry for your kids, know how it is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Sorry to interupt, but is it ok to have the new slim standing upright? Any vid I have seen it is on it's side..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dunny! wrote: »
    Sorry to interupt, but is it ok to have the new slim standing upright? Any vid I have seen it is on it's side..

You can have them standing up but if it rocks or moves it will eat up a disc like Homer Simpson on a free doughnut

Advertisement