Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads In Console Services

• 26-12-2010 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

In an effort to clean up our services thread, I've contacted everyone on it(except the most active posters here, & most recent ads) and asked to confirm back to me if they're happy to leave an ad in place or if they wish it removed.

There's quite a few ads in the thread which on first glance, look like an inactive account, and a few people have requested their ads removed despite being active members.

I know it's the holidays, & folks might be away from home etc, so we've decided to give a big time frame for people to confirm their ad back to me. From today, I'll give it six weeks, and the folks that havn't replied to me by then I'll consider their account inactive & remove the ad. If there's circumstances which meant a user couldn't contact me within the six weeks, but doesn't want an ad removed, it's very easy to undelete it in that case, just contact me when you can.

The thread is a valuable asset to have, & like everything it must be maintained. There's no point having a three page thread with ten or twenty ads from folks who don't offer a service anymore. After the cleanup, we can consider anyone posting in it to be fully active modders & it should be a lot neater. This is important too if folks are going to list repair services aswell :)

Cheers folks, hope your all enjoying the break!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm just bumping this incase anyone's just getting back to the daily grind, & hasn't sifted through pm's yet :)

There's just under two weeks left on this, quite a few users have yet to respond. I've pm'd everybody in the thread personally, & posted here in public so there's no excuse for whinging if your ad is deleted :p

So again, just a bump to bring it to the forefront :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

No don't delete my ad!!! :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i never got a pm but if you can leave my add the way it is it would be great cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    i never got a pm but if you can leave my add the way it is it would be great cheers

Well as I mentioned above I contacted everyone here barring forum regulars, of which your considered one :)

• Advertisement

awwww gee made my day lol

Deadline is up on this tomorrow folks. I'll cull the thread at some stage late tomorrow, expect a horror scene :p

ow im looking forward to seeing your carnage (enter) make it bloody lol:D:D:D:D:D

Ok folks,

I've removed all the ads of those who either requested it, or who never replied to me in the six week timeframe. It's quite different now, but hopefully more accurate in that any ads on the thread have been confirmed active. This should make things easier for newer users who are looking for active modders, & they don't have to pm non active accounts anymore etc. If there's anyone out there who's thinking of offering the service, now is a good time as there's probably a lot less areas covered now, & it will help restore the coverage we had - so get to it!

In the event your ad was deleted accidentally (I've had to cross reference all my sent pm's, with all my recieved pm's in a six week timeframe), just pm me & I can relist the post.

I've stickied this thread, in which way it shall stay for two weeks, just incase there's users who arn't aware of the cleanup.

EnterNow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

*outcries of hardship, nazi-like moderation etc etc* :p

• Advertisement

*outcries of hardship, nazi-like moderation etc etc* :p

You think that's bad? Wait till you see my ad, I'm gonna under cut you all muhahaha :D

Ah no joking aside, the only difference in the thread is that the non active ads & people who don't do it anymore are gone. Sorting the modders from the ghosts, at your service ;)

This has been unstickied, so a final bump before it fizzles away in the depths of page 2 & beyond :D

Advertisement