Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv help please!

• 26-12-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hi, Last night we hooked an x box onto the tv, its a tevion 32" that we got in aldi. However we could not get back on the channel for the chorus box, have gone through them all, and it keeps saying no signal. Have been trying to tune it back in but it seems that, that setting is blocked on the tv. For the life of me I cannot find the instruction manual, have looked everywhere on line and cant seem to find one. I really need help please!! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is there a button on the tv remote marked 'TV'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Do you have a seperate tuner for chorus, check what input it's plugged into and then goto av2 or whatever it's called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

cnocbui wrote: »
    Is there a button on the tv remote marked 'TV'?
    No not on the tv remote, but there is on the chorus remote.
    Do you have a seperate tuner for chorus, check what input it's plugged into and then goto av2 or whatever it's called
    The setting on the tv for the chorus HD box was on hdmi1, the wire was in the hdmi1 adapter thing. we tried all the different channels.
    Might have to call someone out id say. Tough going with just the rte channels.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

plug back in the box. You unplugged it for the xbox :)

ted1 wrote: »
    plug back in the box. You unplugged it for the xbox :)

Lol, I may be blonde, but come on!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Lol, I may be blonde, but come on!!:D

Hi there,
    I have a few questions for ya.......

1. By Chorus do you mean UPC HD?
    2. How is the UPC box connected to the TV? by Scart or HDMI?
    3. What is the model number of the tevion TV? should be on a label on the rear of the TV (not to be mixed up with the serial number)

Most importantly - have you unplugged the chorus box at any point?

My parents had a very similar problem with their Sky HD box on xmas day (no signal displayed on the the TV) - a simple re-boot solved their problem

I.e. unplug the chorus box and leave unplugged for at least 60 seconds then plug it in and let it boot up, I know this sounds simple and you`ve probably done it already but believe me this solves a lot of technology issues......

Hey everyone, thanks for all your replies.
    Got it fixed today. I just unplugged everything, all the cables from the tv and the box, and plugged them all back in. I put the hdmi cable into hdmi3 instead of hdmi1 and turned on the box. It then came up set-up which hadnt happened before, so I was able to set it all back up again, thank god. Never thought I would get to hate rte channels so much!:D

Thanks again:)

Advertisement