Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jammed pvc door

• 26-12-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys having terrible week here 1st with burst and frozen pipes, now with a jammed front door! basically the door cant be opened, the handle goes down but it seems the latch (right word?) doesnt slip out as its suppoposed to when handle is pulled down! just wondering is it a remotely easy fix? presume ill have to take it off the hinges but dont know how to do that either :mad: below is the pic of the hinge types, thanks so much for any help guys

2qd32j9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

on the hinges u will see a allen key grub screw turn all three so the door shifts the oppisite side of da lock. hopes this works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Don't mess with it. Get a professional in to do it. if you mess with the adjustment of the door it'll be a bitch to get right again, and can sometimes be impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

Don't mess with it. Get a professional in to do it. if you mess with the adjustment of the door it'll be a bitch to get right again, and can sometimes be impossible.
    its hardly rocket science

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

ronaldo84 wrote: »
    its hardly rocket science

You can think what you like, but in my experience, these are best left to the professionals. I never go near them for any of my clients, I always call someone in who repairs them for a living.

That's my professional opinion.

Advertisement