Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vacuum Cleaner recommendations

• 26-12-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭

Hii,

I'm looking to buy a new upright vacuum cleaner. Does anyone have recommendations? I'd prefer an upright model that can vacuum close to the edge of the skirting boards and is also a bagless model.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

Looking for one too - if you come across any please let me know, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm up north, but bought a Dyson DC33 for £180 in Currys superstore. They also have the Ball version at the minute for £219. The ball is more easily manouvred though. However, that is not an issue for us.

First time run the amount of dirt, hair, etc it picked up was scarey. Seems like a good machine so far. The main advantage for us is that it has a 5yr warranty and the repairman comes to your house.

I seen Vax machines with a 6yr warranty, but the did not look as solid as the Dyson for ~£20-£30 less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Just bought the new Dyson roller ball vacume.

2 words to describe it,and its cleaning ability

MUTTS NUTTS.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 killalabay

Bought a Dyson DC33 in October this year.
    Very flimsy wand and the hose, well, ye would need the strength of superman to keep it extended. Constantly pulling back towards the machine and in some cases toppling the machine over. Quite useless.
    Anyone had similar problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Nilfisk. Always need to put it on medium otherwise the carpet gets pulled up from the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

Definitely Nilfisk, will last a life-time. Mine is over 20 years old and still wonderful. I have a Vax bagless - USELESS. It was a Christmas present last year and hasn't been used six times. Filter needs to be cleaned after every use, and I mean just one barely-used carpet in one vacant bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nilfisk are without a doubt the best vacuum brand on the market,forget this Dyson gimmick.

Nilkfisk have brought out a Nilfisk Coupe which is similar in size to the Philips S models or the Miele models,but only about 120 euro. A great vacuum,the first one they've done really that appeals to the average household that doesn't cost about 280

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Glad to see this thread as I was going to post a similar one!

Sick of our old vacuum cleaner which I've had for five years and is past its best. What price range are Nilfisk and are there any other recommendations? I'm not mad on Dysons for a few reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nilfisk are without a doubt the best vacuum brand on the market,forget this Dyson gimmick.

Nilkfisk have brought out a Nilfisk Coupe which is similar in size to the Philips S models or the Miele models,but only about 120 euro. A great vacuum,the first one they've done really that appeals to the average household that doesn't cost about 280

Ibood have the Nilfisk Coupe for €69.95 + €12.50 postage today. That's a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That is a fantastic deal Zohan

• Advertisement
Advertisement