Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blurred Sky menu...

• 26-12-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

hi all and thanks in advance for answering this one if you can!:D
    I just bought a Panasonic 42"plasma tv in the sales, but the sky menu doesnt look half as good as it did on my last tv, in fact its quite blurred, and when you forward pages in the sky menu the programme titles seem to fuzz and re-focus if that makes any sense..
    Last tv was cheap AOC 32" lcd - and this didnt happen.
    is this problem down to the sheer size of the tv or is there something else i need to do..
    The programme picture is otherwise perfect, just the sky menu thats really not looking right.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

too much alcohol :D:D:D
    only messing .

Is the sky box a hd one ? is it set to rgb (if its not)

have you got the tv set up correctly?

It could be just going from 32 to 42 you notice the difference in quality of the epg, nothing to worry about IMO.

whats it like on dvd or bluray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Ok, the sky plus box IS hd yes.
    dont know if its set to rgb, but will google and see how to do that.
    not checked out the dvd yet.

Wow, after googling, i just came across this - maybe its a Panasonic thing!
    http://www.homecinemabanter.com/archive/index.php/t-60189.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The bigger the TV, the more you will notice the problems with the image.

just hook it up via hdmi,

set output on sky box to 1080i in picture menu.

ignore the rgb bit thats only for the scart input.and you shouldnt be using that.

Dont set the tv to Dynamic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have a 50 inch 1080P LG Plasma, if I set the picture output to auto the EPG looks fairly ropey.

Set it to 1080i and it looks pin sharp.

As the poster above me said, don't worry about RGB if you have the TV connected via HDMI (which you should)

erm.. think so lol.. its all hooked up via the xbox 360 and the sky box so dont know if there is a hdmi cable i should be using instead of the bog standard one, do they make any difference?

Hdmi from sky box to tv.

hdmi from 360 to tv.

(unless you are using an amp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

BengaLover wrote: »
    erm.. think so lol.. its all hooked up via the xbox 360 and the sky box so dont know if there is a hdmi cable i should be using instead of the bog standard one, do they make any difference?

Did you set it up or did the Sky engineer?

Bog standard HDMI cable that came with the Sky box is just fine.

Is there a SCART cable connected from the Sky box as well?

Advertisement