Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download was unsuccesful, please try again!! (Lg optimus)

• 26-12-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    Really need some help here!
    Yesterday I received Lg optimus from my girlfriend which I think is a great phone. I had the lg cookie before and wanted to upgrade. Was bought on the e mobile network but at the mo I have my meteor sim in it and everything is running fine, messaging ,email gtalk.
    All except the app market, which will work fine and let me search all apps, but when I click download it will tell me its being downloaded and when I click the page I will see a status bar loading, then after 20 seconds I will recieve a message telling me how it was unsucessful. Im connected to my wireless eircome internet in the house.

After doing some searching Iv read up on a few fixes:
    Signing into gtalk,
    Clearing cache,
    clearing data,
    New g,ail account,
    Removing battery,

All of which have made no difference to the problem.
    One friend said the app market could be busy and to keep trying and I have for basically the past 2 days with no change in the downloads.
    If anyone could give me any help with this problem it would be great as Im starting to get pi$$ed off with the phone which is bad cause as I said its a pretty good phone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

If you're only after receiving the phone, you could always do a Hard Reset to revert to the out-of-the-box state. Note however that you'll lose ALL current settings.

1) Start your phone [with or without sim]
    2) Press volume up button + home button + search button
    [Location of volume up button is on right side, location for home button is on bottom middle button of home screen and search button is right side of phone above camera button]
    3) Keep all those button pressed at the same time for 5 seconds
    4) Phone will ask you for "Are you sure you want to factory reset?"
    5) Press yes and wait for 1 minute, Phone will hang first and than restart after sometime.
    6) You're done resetting your GT540 (LG Optimus) successfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

I fixed my girlfriends with the same problem by going into manage apps and uninstalling an update that the market had.
    Don't know why it worked at all though

Advertisement