Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this connector

Options
  • 26-12-2010 4:22pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have an audio amplifier that has a relay-switched socket on the back, rated for up to 100 W. The problem is that instead of an IEC connector, it has some other connector, which definitely is not for an American plug either.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

MainsLead.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

it looks like the socket that used to come on the very old model toa slave amps do you have a picture of the rest of the connections or the make of the amp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's a Yamaha AX396 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thanks!!

From asking in Peat's as well, a load of Yamaha amplifiers had these connectors. They recommended replacing it with an IEC connector, but of course the amplifier's double insulated, so a grounded plug shouldn't be inserted into it. I think I'll shelve it until I've a free day to have a look inside and see what the swap would be like.

Advertisement