Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water/Low Pressure Problems 26th December

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nattyguest

"Supplies will be restricted from 7 p.m. this evening (28th December 2010) and again tomorrow evening (29th December 2010). Supplies will be restored from 10 a.m. each morning and water should begin to return to affected areas from this time. While it will take a number of hours to restore supplies to some of these areas, all such areas will receive sufficient mains supplies each day to refill storage tanks in houses and other buildings. The number of areas affected will reduce as demand returns to normal."

My tank has been as dry an AA meeting the last few days. Not a drop of water has hit the Ashmount area of Mayfield/Silversprings that I can see from chatting to neighbours. Last year there was a tanker in Lotabeg, the nearest one now is right up Old Youghal road. I get the sinking feeling this year is going to be another multi-week fiasco :( I tried calling the line they had on the site for 30 minutes straight today and it either rang through or was engaged. Absolutely enraged! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

nattyguest wrote: »
    "Supplies will be restricted from 7 p.m. this evening (28th December 2010) and again tomorrow evening (29th December 2010). Supplies will be restored from 10 a.m. each morning and water should begin to return to affected areas from this time. While it will take a number of hours to restore supplies to some of these areas, all such areas will receive sufficient mains supplies each day to refill storage tanks in houses and other buildings. The number of areas affected will reduce as demand returns to normal."

My tank has been as dry an AA meeting the last few days. Not a drop of water has hit the Ashmount area of Mayfield/Silversprings that I can see from chatting to neighbours. Last year there was a tanker in Lotabeg, the nearest one now is right up Old Youghal road. I get the sinking feeling this year is going to be another multi-week fiasco :( I tried calling the line they had on the site for 30 minutes straight today and it either rang through or was engaged. Absolutely enraged! :(

Doubt it would have done you much good to get through to them, based on my experience. I got through to them this morning - I have water here, but only a trickle so there's not enough pressure for shower, toilet or washing machine. There's no water tank here so I'm dependent on pressure from the mains. The guy on the phone couldn't let me know if or when it might be fixed, his attitude was "sure aren't you lucky to have water at all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

cornbb wrote: »
    Doubt it would have done you much good to get through to them, based on my experience. I got through to them this morning - I have water here, but only a trickle so there's not enough pressure for shower, toilet or washing machine. There's no water tank here so I'm dependent on pressure from the mains. The guy on the phone couldn't let me know if or when it might be fixed, his attitude was "sure aren't you lucky to have water at all"

Must be the same clown I spoke to yesterday so...They were the exact words used to me when I called. Remarks like that aren't useful and only serve to put people's backs up. A course in dealing with the general public might be useful I think!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Still waiting. I'm 30 metres away from a resevoir too to add insult to injury.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We got ours back on Tuesday afternoon after my mum poured a kettle of hot water down around the stopcock.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Here's your Solution

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Faith wrote: »
    We got ours back on Tuesday afternoon after my mum poured a kettle of hot water down around the stopcock.

Cold isn't the issue, we've had perfect water right up until -10. Our supply was turned off so repairs could be carried out by the Council and they've shown our area on their own maps as the areas they're still carrying out repairs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Anyone else still having pressure issues? I'm in the College Rd area and my water pressure is still too low for my electric shower to work. Wondering if its just me or if anyone else around the city is still having issues.

Advertisement