Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipodtouch 1g will not update using latest itunes

Options
  • 26-12-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ok, having this problem where itunes said my ipod had an update available but in order to get it I needed to update itunes first. (Haven't plugged it in for ages nor used itunes so both are out of date.) However once I updated itunes to v10.1.1.4, it is now telling me that the ipod touch has the current version and is up to date (os 2.2.1.) I know with it being 1g, I cannot update to os4 but I want to get it to 3 since most apps etc now will not install on it anymore with the software it currently has. I know because it's a touch I will have to pay for it but its only a fiver, the problem is, I can't even get it to offer me the download now.

Anyone any ideas?

Hope you can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

You can download the IPSW from here and then install it with iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

oh wicked, thanks for that. I downloaded the file I wanted but there was no charge? Hope it works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

coldenmean wrote: »
    oh wicked, thanks for that. I downloaded the file I wanted but there was no charge? Hope it works! :D
    Should do! Let us know :)

Advertisement