Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Business Xmas Quiz/ C. Hancock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Thanks to Bazza1 and Justaq.
    Will go with that answer. Good luck with entries

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

Stuck on photo picture Q.34
    Name the Business Leader in the photograph...guy with rimmed glasses

It looks a little like Chris Horn of Iona Technology,but its a tough one to guess I wish the person pictured would own up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Anyone know the answer to question 39: Which assets was Bank of Ireland ordered to sell by the European Commission earlier this year as a condition for the approval of state aid for the institution?

I think the answer is New Ireland Assurance Company plc and ICS Building Society but I'm not sure. Perhaps there's more assets they have to sell as well that I have left out.

For this, I can help with other questions if you need them.

Cheers!

Quiggers59 wrote: »
    It looks a little like Chris Horn of Iona Technology,but its a tough one to guess I wish the person pictured would own up:)

After much searching I found him after a tip off. Its David Hodgkinson New Chairman of AIB

Crania wrote: »
    Anyone know the answer to question 39: Which assets was Bank of Ireland ordered to sell by the European Commission earlier this year as a condition for the approval of state aid for the institution?

I think the answer is New Ireland Assurance Company plc and ICS Building Society but I'm not sure. Perhaps there's more assets they have to sell as well that I have left out.

For this, I can help with other questions if you need them.

Cheers!
    ALSO "Bank of Ireland Asset Management" and "US Foreign Exchange". Dont know if these would need to be included in answer!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 asteroid

Any ideas yet on no 34. Have tried everything. desperate

Still stuck on number 34. Does anyone out there know the answer?

asteroid wrote: »
    Still stuck on number 34. Does anyone out there know the answer?
    It's David Hodgkinson, the new Chairman of AIB. If you do a Google Image search, the same picture of him comes up so it's definitely him.

Anyone have a concrete answer for 39? DO people think "Bank of Ireland Asset Management" and "US Foreign Exchange" need to be included as part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nickih

Question 32... How much in the end of this disastrous year will Anglo have received?.... this quiz can be so depressing:(

Thanks Crania. :) It looks good.
    Only 2 more to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 bogfire

I think 34 was the new AIB chairman David Hodgkins

So does anyone know if the competition winner was announced or when it will be announced - will we get the list of correct answers.

bogfire wrote: »
    I think 34 was the new AIB chairman David Hodgkins

So does anyone know if the competition winner was announced or when it will be announced - will we get the list of correct answers.
    Closing date was Jan 7th so I assume result should be in next week's paper. I guess they will issue answers at the same time.

Hope everyone got their entries in in time. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Does anyone know did they annouce the winner of either of the quizzes?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fenno

pog it wrote: »
    Does anyone know did they annouce the winner of either of the quizzes?

Yup. See http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0121/1224288007189.html -- has the winner (and it wasn't me, sadly!) plus the correct answers.

Ah well. Better luck next year! :mad:

Advertisement