Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warne mounts

Options
  • 26-12-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

has anyone who uses warne mounts on to a picatinny rail noticed a rattling sound coming from the little silver pieces that fit between them
    i tried tightening them but it just not happening
    #anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

I use the Warne tactical mounts on my Tikka Tac and dont have any issues with rattling at all.

When you have the mounts on the rail, prior to tightening up, have you tried ensuring the mounts are positioned backward/forward on the rail so that the silver pieces are snug against the closest post on on the rail before you tighten up.

Also have you ensured that the silver pieces are correctly installed/positioned within the mounts? As far as I remember there is a flat end and a pointed end and these fit a particular way within the mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Is it possible that the mounts are for a weaver rail? there is a dimensional difference between the 2.

That might be causing the rattle.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/02/tech-tip-picatinny-vs-weaver-rail-specifications/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I also have Warne mounts on a T3 Tactical and have no issues with them, sound advise above, cant be much wrong with them:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

its definetely the silver groove insert on the back mount
    wasnt rattling before ,so what i ever i did to it
    tried tightening them up today ,to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I use the Warne tactical mounts on my Tikka Tac and dont have any issues with rattling at all.

When you have the mounts on the rail, prior to tightening up, have you tried ensuring the mounts are positioned backward/forward on the rail so that the silver pieces are snug against the closest post on on the rail before you tighten up.

Also have you ensured that the silver pieces are correctly installed/positioned within the mounts? As far as I remember there is a flat end and a pointed end and these fit a particular way within the mounts.

i put the flat end on the rail
    and the notched end facing up into the mount

• Advertisement
Advertisement