Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston villa vs spurs Sky sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Going to be very hard for the creaky Spurs defence to keep Villa out for the rest of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I thought that initially but had a closer look at the replays. From what I could make out, Defoe had his eyes on the ball the entire time. Should not have been a red.

He did but I think he looked at Collins out of the corner of his eye and then lead with the elbow. Cannot lead with the elbow, red card!

Bale has not been at the races at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Never a red. Ref is a joke and has been all season.

I think we can all agree on Bale being poor today. Mustn't like the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

he's very reluctantly not to brandish any cards to the villa players - hogg on vdv from earlier springs to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

WTF was that booking for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BOHtox wrote: »
    He did but I think he looked at Collins out of the corner of his eye and then lead with the elbow. Cannot lead with the elbow, red card!

He didn't lead with his elbow, his arm was straight, it was in a natural position for someone jumping for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

BERBA wrote: »
    he's very reluctantly not to brandish any cards to the villa players - hogg on vdv from earlier springs to mind
    I didn't think that was even a free. Although Albrighton was a bit lucky with the one on Kaboul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have you ever seen Kevin Davies play ? He does that nearly every week and nothing ever comes out of it .

OH!!! I thought that was in! Great run from Pala..

You really get the feeling that Villa will not score while Heskey is involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Not trying to be funny, but how did you notice him looking out of the corner of his eye? The camera wasn't that close!

LOL at Heskey going off pacman.gif

your watching too many league of ireland games bohtox;)

• Advertisement

Heskey off for Delfouneso, I am awesome.

Heskey off injured. Come on fonz and Gabby.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny, but how did you notice him looking out of the corner of his eye? The camera wasn't that close!

He turned his head towards Collins so I......................................................

Yes Davies does that but that doesn't mean it's right.

I didn't even notice he was playing,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

LOL at spurs with their 4-5-0. Thought they were the great attacking team:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

He turned his head towards Collins so I......................................................

Fair enough, I'm not trying to start an argument.

Hopefully Fonz can provide a bit more class up front now with Heskey gone. Haven't seen him play yet but have heard good things from the Villa fans.

LOL at spurs with their 4-5-0. Thought they were the great attacking team:rolleyes:

defending a lead and down to 10 men what do you expect?

Bale must have gorged himself on Christmas pudding yesterday - terrible so far.

daws is a great bit of stuff

LOL at that comment...

Bale should take himself off...

Villa really are very poor this season.

You'd think spurs had the extra man the way they are playing keep ball.

loving this keep ball

I'd like to see Petrov in the second half. He should allow us to offer more control in the middle of the park

One of the worst performances from Spurs this season, truly amazing that they're 1-0 up. Second half should be interesting as you'd expect Villa to really start pressing Spurs.

• Advertisement

Villa need some experience in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

BERBA wrote: »
    loving this keep ball

Boringggggggggggggggg

Fabulous first half from Spurs. Some great bits of stuff from Modric and VDV particularly. That pass to Hutton was sublime. Cant see the second half going the same way. I expect to see Villa piling on the pressure. Hope Petrov doesnt come on, I think he'd destroy us in the middle. If we're making any changes it should be Bale to come off, he's been brutal so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Man, we are ****. :(

One of the worst performances from Spurs this season, truly amazing that they're 1-0 up. Second half should be interesting as you'd expect Villa to really start pressing Spurs.

They're down to 10 men ? And have been for the last half of the first half . I dunno about you but when my team goes down to 10 men performance goes out the window and the result is the only thing that matters

Boringggggggggggggggg

gman

THFC wrote: »
    Fabulous first half from Spurs. Some great bits of stuff from Modric and VDV particularly. That pass to Hutton was sublime. Cant see the second half going the same way. I expect to see Villa piling on the pressure. Hope Petrov doesnt come on, I think he'd destroy us in the middle. If we're making any changes it should be Bale to come off, he's been brutal so far.

His pace is always a threat. When (if) Villa push forward he'll come good.

Boringggggggggggggggg

The Mattie xmas special is on rte 1.;)

His pace is always a threat. When (if) Villa push forward he'll come good.

Perhaps, but he's looked so blunt so far. Only thing he's done is run the ball out of play 4 times (IIRC). But yeah, maybe with 10 men keeping him on wouldn't be such a bad idea...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Never thought Palacios had a run in him like tbh.For all their attacking play, Villa don't look like scoring, where's big John Carew?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

great end of the half from Spurs, put Villa to shame with some of their keep ball skills and that back heel clearance pass was sweet.

The Sending off seemed harsh but Defoe did do what the ref is punishing him for. Yellow would have sufficed imo

Lichaj is having a good game and Bale has dissapointed against him.

Gabby had a good chance early on and as per usual im liking Albrighton so far

It's nice and surprising to see Delph back playing but especially now that Spurs are a man down i feel CM is an area dissapointing somewhat so far. both men seem happy to sit back hoping to be available to try and create something when atleast one needs to be getting into the box and supporting the strikers giving further optionns to Downing/Albrighton who seem more likely to create something.

If he is fit enough to make the bench he should be fit enough to play, so ideally id like to see Petrov for Hogg at some time.

Looking forward to Delfouneso having a go in the second half and hope that Spurs can tire / Villa can improve cos this game is not beyond them. Spurs have no out and out striker on the pitch and since Defoe has gone off they havent seemed too much of an attacking threat despite looking decent.

Modric having a great game, the metronome keeping the team ticking over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Delph is far from fit and Hogg offers nothing, get NRC on for one of these.

Collins and Warnock are absolutely ffin useless.

Its games like this where we need to try Carew and Ireland and yet they cant even make the bench.

cant see us keeping a clean sheet , need a 2nd goal bigtime

Is JD out immediately now for 3 games?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Delph is far from fit and Hogg offers nothing, get NRC on for one of these.

Collins and Warnock are absolutely ffin useless.

Its games like this where we need to try Carew and Ireland and yet they cant even make the bench.

dont think they play for Villa anymore tbh never know with Ireland but Carew is gone

• Advertisement

The Sending off seemed harsh but Defoe did do what the ref is punishing him for. Yellow would have sufficed imo

Leading with the elbow is a sending off offence no?

So therefore, he either lead with the elbow or he didn't

So therefore he should have gotten nothing , if he didn't lead, or a red , if he did lead with the elbow.

The ref deemed that he did lead with the elbow so therefore a red card was correct.

My point is you cannot get a yellow (or should I say shouldn't get a yellow) for a red card offence.

Like you can't get a yellow for a two footed tackle from behind

If he is fit enough to make the bench he should be fit enough to play, so ideally id like to see Petrov for Hogg at some time.

done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

NTL are so ****, can't get sound at all for this all game. Watching a game with no sound is very unusual :)

Going to be an interesting test for Spurs. Get through this nicking a win and showing real top class quality.

Leading with the elbow is a sending off offence no?

So therefore, he either lead with the elbow or he didn't

So therefore he should have gotten nothing , if he didn't lead, or a red , if he did lead with the elbow.

The ref deemed that he did lead with the elbow so therefore a red card was correct.

My point is you cannot get a yellow (or should I say shouldn't get a yellow) for a red card offence.

Like you can't get a yellow for a two footed tackle from behind

What a load of bollocks. Its referees like you that are ruining the game, taking the rules for exactly how there written. There was no way in hell that was a red card, and even most of the Villa fans here agree.

PHB wrote: »
    NTL are so ****, can't get sound at all for this all game. Watching a game with no sound is very unusual :)

The anti andy gray contingent would see that as a plus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement