Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston villa vs spurs Sky sports 1

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Great win for spurs playing an hour with 10 men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

cracking game, really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Phew well earned win I really thought Atkinson had a real shocker card on Gomes when he was waiting for Charlie to come on and buttons yellow I thought were Farcial haven't seen the red yet will comment later :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dissapointing, played most of the game against 10 men (a damn good ten men though) and should have done better.

Positives: Lichaj and Albrighton looked good but not much else

Delph/Petrov dont look fit yet and Hogg doesent offer much but atleast we should soon have decent fit midfielders (though i suspect atleast one will be a new signing)

Spurs are a quality team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Yup outta that!!! Great win, thought the red card fcuked it up for us. We're lucky we got Villa at such a bad time tho, any other week and we'd been lucky to have gotten a draw. Happy out though.:D
    5 points behind City with a game in hand.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    :cool:

Lotto numbers please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

very enjoyable game, spurs deserved their win.

Despite lack of clean sheet can't blame Gomes great cross from albrighton and Collins meant that Gomes couldn't dive for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

think it gonna be first time i agree with all utd fans when i say..........

hope it ends in a draw in MNF :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Had Spurs/Defoe anytime double:mad:
    Skin of the teeth job for Spurs at the finish,still 3 points is 3 points:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs are a threat long-term.

if they can keep Bale and VDV fit and firing, in them they have two standout game breakers which are always the difference with the top teams.

Utd - Rooney and Nani (arguably Berba occasionally)
    Chelsea - Lamps and Drogba
    Arsenal - (atm) Nasri, (on form) Cesc and RVP.
    City - Tevez
    Liverpool (when we were a top team ;)) - G &T

and Spurs have two of their own in VDV and Bale.

i still think 'Arry's 'magificent' job this season is being overstated slightly because of the impressive from in the Champions League, but they are a lovely team to watch, and are dangerous for anyone.

i mean he's been given quite the free ride again by the media considering he keeps saying they can challenge for the league. if certain others had done that, and failed (which i expect him to ultimately with a bit to spare on that front) then they'd be ridiculed. but sure 'Arry's being labelled a master motivator for upping expectations. hilarious.

anyway, i'll qualify all that by saying he is doing a very good job obviously.

it's just that defence still. Dawson's fitness is absolutely vital IMO.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Spurs are a threat long-term.

if they can keep Bale and VDV fit and firing, in them they have two standout game breakers which are always the difference with the top teams.

Utd - Rooney and Nani (arguably Berba occasionally)
    Chelsea - Lamps and Drogba
    Arsenal - (atm) Nasri, (on form) Cesc and RVP.
    City - Tevez
    Liverpool (when we were a top team ;)) - G &T

and Spurs have two of their own in VDV and Bale.

i still think 'Arry's 'magificent' job this season is being overstated slightly because of the impressive from in the Champions League, but they are a lovely team to watch, and are dangerous for anyone.

i mean he's been given quite the free ride again by the media considering he keeps saying they can challenge for the league. if certain others had done that, and failed (which i expect him to ultimately with a bit to spare on that front) then they'd be ridiculed. but sure 'Arry's being labelled a master motivator for upping expectations. hilarious.

anyway, i'll qualify all that by saying he is doing a very good job obviously.

it's just that defence still. Dawson's fitness is absolutely vital IMO.

I dunno why the media aren't latching onto it I guess it's too early really to ridicule him for it? Too many games left haven't met a spurs fan yet that realistically thought we could do it this year but still aim for fourth and you'll never come first I guess.

Can't wait for Harry's post match should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I still think Spurs need a top class striker.

Johner wrote: »
    I still think Spurs need a top class striker.

think harry mentioned if a 'special player' became available in jan we would be interested and with keano leaving , i think 'arry and levy have targeted a big name in Jan now that we've qualified for champo league knockouts as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Dzeko maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Carrol, Dzeko, Suarez, Huntelaar, Forlan?

Carrol, Dzeko, Suarez, Huntelaar, Forlan?

The one's that are being thrown around the most are Carroll and Benzema. Cant see Carroll leaving Newcastle and we'd only get Benzema on loan me thinks. If I had a choice I'd go for Suarez (young and is very prolific), plus I'd love to see the face on Gyan if he came to the PL..:pac:

THFC wrote: »
    The one's that are being thrown around the most are Carroll and Benzema. Cant see Carroll leaving Newcastle and we'd only get Benzema on loan me thinks. If I had a choice I'd go for Suarez (young and is very prolific), plus I'd love to see the face on Gyan if he came to the PL..:pac:

Suarez was quoted at what, 40 million in the summer? I'd say he'll go for half of that next summer.

Real Madrid are said to be desperate for a new striker, probably Fernando Llorente. That would see Benzema on his way i reckon, but Ferguson is supposed to be an admirer, and Benzema isn't exactly flopping right now.

Now is the time to strike for Spurs, they have to be targeting Arsenals top 4 spot over the next 2 seasons. Do Spurs have money?

Suarez was quoted at what, 40 million in the summer? I'd say he'll go for half of that next summer.

Real Madrid are said to be desperate for a new striker, probably Fernando Llorente. That would see Benzema on his way i reckon, but Ferguson is supposed to be an admirer, and Benzema isn't exactly flopping right now.

Now is the time to strike for Spurs, they have to be targeting Arsenals top 4 spot over the next 2 seasons. Do Spurs have money?

Yes and plenty of it. Nothing compared to City/Chelsea obviously, but a €30m transfer definitely wouldn't be beyond us. If we got Benzema I'd a happy, happy boy!

Yes and plenty of it. Nothing compared to City/Chelsea obviously, but a €30m transfer definitely wouldn't be beyond us. If we got Benzema I'd a happy, happy boy!

Could possibly afford the transfer fee not sure about the wages though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Could possibly afford the transfer fee not sure about the wages though

Yeah I doubt ye could afford his wages, I'd imagine he is on over 100,000 a week whereas I've heard that yer top earner is modric on 70,000. I'd imagine if ye did agree to pay Benzema's wages some more of yer players would demand more.

Surely VDV took a wage cut to join Spurs???

What a signing though. I'd say you can't believe your luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Surely VDV took a wage cut to join Spurs???

What a signing though. I'd say you can't believe your luck.

I read or heard somewhere that VDV is on around 40,000 a week. Don't hold me to that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Would love to see VDV/Forlan up front, he's ten times the player he was at United and they could afford his wages I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Spurs are missing a world class striker, and a whole new defense. After that, I think that they could challenge for the league :)

Do we not have a wage cap similar to that of Arsenal's though??

Do we not have a wage cap similar to that of Arsenal's though??
    No Arsenal have a couple on 100,000 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

He'd probably still look like welbeck. I did read in the star about Harry being interested in Doyle, so if that's true expect to see a two page spread on "we had it here first".

PHB wrote: »
    I think Spurs are missing a world class striker, and a whole new defense. After that, I think that they could challenge for the league :)

oh how utd would love to get their grubby hands on modric , bale and vdv:p

pffft , utd cant afford em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

BERBA wrote: »

I hope harry redknapp works his financial magic and destroys tottenham, just because of your smug attitude tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Anderson, Evra and Scholes are doing well for us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Anderson

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Price mightn't be so high if they have to play in the europa league next season:D No guarentees spurs will make the champions league yet but now those 3 have a taste of it do you honestly believe they will settle for europa football and scraping 4th place in the league:rolleyes:

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I hope harry redknapp works his financial magic and destroys tottenham, just because of your smug attitude tbh.

never going to happen with Daniel Levy at the helm

I hope a decent club takes Levy, he seems to be working below his level at the moment.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I hope a decent club takes Levy, he seems to be working below his level at the moment.

Again never going to happen , he lives for spurs and making us money;)

Again never going to happen , he lives for spurs and making us money;)
    Money talks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Levy will sell his best players once the big offers come in and Spurs aren't in the CL, just like he has repeatedly done over the past decade.

Levy will sell his best players once the big offers come in and Spurs aren't in the CL, just like he has repeatedly done over the past decade.

hopefully it wont come to that and we will finish top 4 again this season , the potential acquisition of ashley young in january should strengthen us further whilst getting rid of some of the deadwood to villa in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

oh how Spurs would love to get their grubby hands on a trophy

pffft ,

See it's easy, pointless but easy.

• Advertisement

hopefully it wont come to that...

Sure it will, Spurs won't be taking a CL spot this year without luck, serious investment and/or one of the current top 4 faltering, which is unlikely imo. And long term the likes of VDV, Bale & Modric know - just like Carrick, Berba & Sol realised in times gone by - bigger wages and more success lie with the clubs willing to spend big on wages and transfer fees, which as you know yourself Spurs aren't able to compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Don't be too sure. The finances are currently pretty healthy, but ye still made an operating loss last year. This should covered by the additional CL increases from this year, but still, the finances as they stand aren't sustainable unless ye can guarantee CL football each year. Of course player sales could be used to cover any loss like ye've been doing the past few years, but the big thing hanging over ye is how to go about funding a stadium. Next few years could see Tottenham take on a lot of additional risk.

Ah DOC, you should know better to be getting involved! :pac:

Sure it will, Spurs won't be taking a CL spot this year without luck, serious investment and/or one of the current top 4 faltering, which is unlikely imo.

win tomorrow and we are back in the top 4 :confused: , and were half way through the season already and thats with losing at home to wigan and away to west ham:eek:

reckon a special player as 'arry put it on the way in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Those comments were really interesting, any rumours as to who it might be?

win tomorrow and we are back in the top 4 :confused: , and were half way through the season already and thats with losing at home to wigan and away to west ham:eek:

Who you think Spurs will finish ahead of then? can't see them finishing ahead of any of the present top 4.

Those comments were really interesting, any rumours as to who it might be?

someone (striker) who's not champo league cuptied would be nice

Ah DOC, you should know better to be getting involved! :pac:
    I know, god damn it, every time :(

Sorry :pac:

Advertisement