Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun advice

Options
  • 26-12-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just back in from clobbering vermin with my old baikal SXS. The last few double shots i noticed, caused the safety to come on after firing the first.

i.e. half choke barrel fires, safety half engages, full choke trigger can't be pulled without resetting safety.

Did this ever happen to anybody else?

Gun is as above, with double trigger, fixed choke and auto safety.

Can someone recommend a guy to have a look at this for me?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭palo

Hello Jonty.

I have the same gun with over twenty years and had a small problem with it ejecting cartridges with large brass I sent mine to Jeffers in Bandon, he fixed it and I have never looked back. Not sure if that is any help but that was the only time I ever had to have a gun sent to be repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Gerry Gearon just outside Clonmel is a master gunsmith. Real gentleman very efficient and reasonable priced. Put it this way there are gunsmiths in Wexford that I drive past to go to Gerry Gearon.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

This man has done work for me and I find him a gentleman to deal with and a fast turnaround on the gun aswell.
    Some lads like to keep your gun for 6 months to fix a simple problem.
    Walter Blacklaw 086 3719609

Advertisement