Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q6700 and P5Q troubles.

• 26-12-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Q6700 Stock
    Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
    Corsair XMS2 DHXPC6400 800MHZ 4GB
    Epsilon 1010W PSU
    Cooler Zalman 9700
    MSI 460GTX Cyclone
    Win 7 Ultimate

I tried an over clock of 400 x 9 = 3.6GHZ yet everytime i boot windows it stalls at the loading screen. Going back to stock settings and it boots up perfectly.
    I have been reading numerous fora and im constantly seeing people using the same components as myself (Bar the Ram) and they get stable start ups.
    I have not overclocked the Ram in anyway.

Its defo not a temps issue as my cooler has 20C at stock setting (Max 35 at load)

Does anyone have any advice for me RE: Q6700 and P5Q Pro Turbo?

EDIT: Forgot to say i pumped up the CPU voltage to 1.40

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Try slightly lower speeds and see at what speed it starts having issues. Also try the same and higher speeds with a somewhat higher FSB (if the mobo and RAM can handle it!) and a reduced CPU multiplier - it could be an "FSB hole" around 400MHz. You might also need to overvolt the chipset at high bus speeds (and 400MHz is certainly that!).

Advertisement