Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here not going out tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Had second christmas dinner at 6 so im pretty much knackered till 9. No way im going out tonight. Just a few beers later on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

People go mad for drinking on Stephens Day..its like we need to congratulate ourselves for surviving the fact that pubs were closed on Christmas day.

The day before good friday is similar,trollys,groaning with alcohol being pushed out of shopping centres because "they wont sell drink tommorow,ya know".

We're some nation of pissheads!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sans2010

not going out either, DS is with his dad, and i'm so so bored now!! Shop was closing when I was coming home so don't even have anything to drink!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

not going anywhere, working at 7am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Couldn't be bothered to go to the pub, I like my pjamas too much and the lack of people gossiping or asking me stupid questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hell know! I'm way too comfortable here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I won't be going out either, my uncle died suddenly yesterday so it's all very depressing in my family at the moment :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Not going out tonight, at home watching a riveting game of draughts... Town will be full of the usual scum anyway so couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Not going anywhere. Bit broke and don't really have anyone to go out with- best friend has her kids tonight, live in the arsehole of nowhere so taxis probably wont even bring me home tonight and the people I would like to go out with are all going out with their separate groups of friends (and in other counties for that matter). I hate living where I live, I don't really like anyone here bar one or two people.

I'm bored out of my head as well. Been unemployed since September so while everyone else is going on about "the Christmas break", this is just like a regular week but with more nice food in the house.

/grumpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Was supposed to go out but its raining and I have to drive back to Dublin in the morning, so I am going to give it a miss. Prefer to stay in the warm and watch the footie with a few packets of King crisps and half a selection box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

party in my house with family so technically not going out but still getting trashed :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

im not, work tomorrow and was off all last week so no money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Im gonna stay at home, too many scumbags will be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Im gonna stay at home, too many scumbags will be out.

So you stay at home every weekend then? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Probably the first stephens day since i started drinking that i haven't went out but i couldnt be bothered. Had a big drink yesterday and tomorrow night will be better, more mates around and a little more roon in the pubs

I'm starting on the bottles of miller now though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

COYW wrote: »
    Was supposed to go out but its raining and I have to drive back to Dublin in the morning, so I am going to give it a miss. Prefer to stay in the warm and watch the footie with a few packets of King crisps and half a selection box.

forgot i had King crisps downstairs, thank you for the reminder.

johnn wrote: »
    So you stay at home every weekend then? lol
    No, today will just be particularly bad, not in the mood for dealing with scumbags starting on my mates for no reason.

forgot i had King crisps downstairs, thank you for the reminder.
    Jayzus me too

Staying in. Mainly because:
    - I generally tend to stay in rather than go out (it's easier and less expensive);
    - I'm living with my family in a quiet rural village;
    - although there are no less than (...counting...) four títhe táibhairne in said village - and, hence, no shortage of alcohol - I don't like alcohol...and there's only so much ginger ale I can take.

Still suffering from the flu, and even if I wasn't you couldn't pay me to go out in this weather. Nice warm fire and couch, yes please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Gonna have to stay in and keep the fires roaring to try and dry out the house after this evenings thaw and flood.
    Still, got plenty of beer and a bottle of Bushmills 21 year old malt :D:D:D ,to help ease the pain ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I intend on staying home with my feet up drinking Gin and Tonic:)

Cant go out, dyin sick with the Flu/chest infection. Woke up like this yesterday. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I was invited to a session but it's a good 30 minute cycle away and No Country For Old Men's on... There'll be a session on New Year's anyway. No big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone who calls it Boxing Day is a traitor. Apparently. And no, I'm not going out tonight. So far I've had one beer in the last two days. Heavy going for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i never understood the obsession with going out on december 26th, even during the great storm of 1998, there were idiots braving the flying tiles, trees and metal roofs and 100mph+ winds:rolleyes: to sit in bars with no electricity in this town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

Sounds good let me know when you find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i never understood the obsession with going out on december 26th, even during the great storm of 1998, there were idiots braving the flying tiles, trees and metal roofs and 100mph+ winds:rolleyes: to sit in bars with no electricity in this town

Now that is the very best time to be in a pub. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

couldnt be arsed, ive a case of lager, and loads of chocolate to keep me in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

Not going anywhere. Bit broke and don't really have anyone to go out with- best friend has her kids tonight, live in the arsehole of nowhere so taxis probably wont even bring me home tonight and the people I would like to go out with are all going out with their separate groups of friends (and in other counties for that matter). I hate living where I live, I don't really like anyone here bar one or two people.

I'm bored out of my head as well. Been unemployed since September so while everyone else is going on about "the Christmas break", this is just like a regular week but with more nice food in the house.

/grumpy.

I hear ya - my friends have loads of money to spend so don;t have to worry about costs, cause i don;t live near them i have 2 choices - 1 sleep on chair or 2 pay €60 taxi. the friend who is local is expecting so its PS I Love You and i am so not a chick flick kinda girl - I know how you feel! (broke too)

Advertisement