Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here not going out tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im sitting tonight out. I cant drink anymore and i feel like im gonna have a heart attack :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Just had 2 packets of snax or whatever they're called and a carton of orange juice. Listening to James Brown and trying to resist the urge to text people that I want to talk to because I know I'll just get a drunken bladdefnaijfnafnasfkna;sjfn as a reply.

LOVE stephen's night. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

St. Steves is good if your out, not if your sitting home alone and broke. PS I Love You is bad! Time for a beer me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Night in for me. Drove to kildare from galway this morning for work, and back down this evening. Currently stretched on the couch and ain't moving! Except for another Erdinger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

coco_lola wrote: »
    Anyone not jumping on the "Stephens Day Piss Up" Bandwagon?

what are you loco, ese?! too many coca beans?

everyone here's not going out tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

yep that sound heavy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not going out cause I don't want to have to meet/talk to people I didn't talk to in school who now think they're my best friends and go through the whole "what are you at now?" "how they love *insert place here" and can't wait to get back", "how Ennis has changed and stayed the same", all while the pubs are packed with people that think it's ok to get blocked drunk while wearing their new christmas outfits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Not a hope. All the arseholes I went to secondary school with will be out, eyeing everyone up and down and acting falsely nice when they're just looking for gossip*.

"Oh HI, how ARE you, you look FANTASTIC, what are you up to THESE days" ad naseum. 3 minutes later they scurry back to their harpy friends and bitch about whatever I've told them.

All the pubs will be jampacked, it'll take roughly 20 minutes on average to get served, then we'll all pile in to one of 2 nightclubs after forking over €20 for the privilege, put up with all the perverts and aforementioned bitches, stumble out at 2:30, wait for an hour for a taxi who'll go the wrong way because I live in an awkward area outside of town, and it'll be cold, and the chippers are sh*te......need I continue??

I'll stay in with all the Christmas booze, an open fire, something on tv and a box of Áine chocolates. Bliss.

*Why yes, I did go to an all-girls school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

jokettle wrote: »
    Not a hope. All the arseholes I went to secondary school with will be out, eyeing everyone up and down and acting falsely nice when they're just looking for gossip*.

"Oh HI, how ARE you, you look FANTASTIC, what are you up to THESE days" ad naseum. 3 minutes later they scurry back to their harpy friends and bitch about whatever I've told them.

All the pubs will be jampacked, it'll take roughly 20 minutes on average to get served, then we'll all pile in to one of 2 nightclubs after forking over €20 for the privilege, put up with all the perverts and aforementioned bitches, stumble out at 2:30, wait for an hour for a taxi who'll go the wrong way because I live in an awkward area outside of town, and it'll be cold, and the chippers are sh*te......need I continue??

I'll stay in with all the Christmas booze, an open fire, something on tv and a box of Áine chocolates. Bliss.

*Why yes, I did go to an all-girls school!

Sounds like my town

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

I aint going out either! Dying sick with the flu but at least I have the wonderful company of my gorgeous girlfriend !

Sounds like my town

Sounds like everyones! One reason I avoid going out near home! Makes me sick meeting them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Everyone's home town is like that. I went to an all boys school and some of the biggest bitches in the country went there as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I'm not going out because I'm <insert reason to make it appear that I would go out but for an unfortunate set of circumstances> and instead I will be <insert activity which makes me appear cool>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I am going out <insert mad hoor rhetoric>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

coco_lola wrote: »
    Anyone not jumping on the "Stephens Day Piss Up" Bandwagon?

Fcuk that! I'm having better craic with a select good crowd in my own gaff. Great food, great drink and comfy surroundings. No waiting to get served half the night here and no stress trying to find a taxi home in the wee hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Im waitin till 2moro to go drinkin, you know your gettin old when you think its too busy tonight to go out (im only 27) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Still getting over a family night last night!!
    So boards and telly for the night for me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Was planning a big night out however the "hangover" that I had yesterday morning has yet to piss off, I'm beginning to think my stomach is putting the foot down.

A few hours ago my plan was to head home. Couch and xbox sounded good.

I'm currently sat in my girlfriends sisters place on my own watchin match of the day, praying that herselfs 8 month old niece doesn't wake! (can I also point out at no point was I asked would I babysit, more we're going out, feel sorry for yourself on the couch dare and mind the baby)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'm not out tonight because we've no water in the house and I'm starting to smell a bit funky. Also I'm tired. And I hate 99% of the people in my local town so I don't feel like putting up with them tonight.

Aldebaran wrote: »
    I'm not out tonight because we've no water in the house and I'm starting to smell a bit funky. Also I'm tired. And I hate 99% of the people in my local town so I don't feel like putting up with them tonight.

You could go and stink them outa it? :P