Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cemeteries/graveyards in Waterford

Options
  • 26-12-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

No, I'm not planning my final resting place, just a bit of research into cemeteries/graveyards in Waterford City and County and a wish to visit them this spring.

Does anybody know of a source for a full list of the above and I am particularly interested in ones no longer in use.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I presume a good starting place would be any of the Conservation Officers in Waterford City or County Councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

A perfectly sensible suggestion and one I shall act on.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

Also maybe a question that could be answered from the County Library ?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Yes, indeed, Junior, another good place for information. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Diluted

There is a graveyard on the outskirts of Dungarvan its Kilrush.
    It would be hard to find unless you were from the area.
    Its a beautiful little graveyard a lot of people who are buried there are people died the time of the famine..It is stiil been used but very rarely unless your family are buried there..
    On a personal note i have visited it a few times but must say it could do with a bit more tidying up by who ever is responsible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement