Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good RPGs on PSP

Options
  • 26-12-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭

Any good turn based JRPGs on PSP that aren't FF remakes or KOTOR style RPGs?

Looking to pick up something that I can sink a bit of time into.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved.

Might get some ideas here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any good turn based JRPGs on PSP that aren't FF remakes or KOTOR style RPGs?

Looking to pick up something that I can sink a bit of time into.

Jeanne D'Arc - amazing SRPG
    FF Tactics - if you haven't olayed it before the PSP remake is the definitive edition
    Persona 3 Portable - if you haven't played the original here's a good way to undo that injustice
    Ys Oath in Felghana and Ys Seven - 2 of the best action RPGs ever made
    Valkyria Chronicles 2 - A great sequel to the PS3 classic
    Valkyrie Profile - A fantastic game that suffers from blurry graphics due to a poor port
    Brave Story - Supposedly a good RPG. I have it but yet to play it
    Tales of Eternia
    Half Minute Hero is great
    Breath of Fire 3
    There's also Disgaea

In the Pipeline you have a Ys 1 and 2 remake, 3 Legend of Heroes games being rereleased and translated properly ( they are already available but with terrible localisatiob) and the biggie which is Tactics Ogre which is a complete remake of what is commonly regarded by the japanese as having the best dtoryline fo any japanese made game and it's by the team behind FF Tactics so should be damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

As a folow on to Retr0...

The original Persona remake
    Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
    PoPoLoCrois
    Wild Arms XF
    The upcoming Phantom Brave port
    And a game I haven't played yet, but looks pretty promising, ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs. Dark Death Evilman
    The two Star Ocean games

I'm a sucker for Nippon Ichi games and have sank many an hour into Disgaea 1 and 2 so would recommend them wholeheartedly. The PSP versions are probably the definitive versions due to the extra content and the PSP's sleep mode, thank christ for the sleep mode!

Would also go with Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Tales of Eternia from Retr0's selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I bought the two Disgaea games.

Generally like SRPGs and these have been given favourable reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you like SRPGs I can't recommend Jeanne D'Arc enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you like SRPGs I can't recommend Jeanne D'Arc enough.

Despite...

Advertisement