Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham -v- Newcastle United (match thread)

Options
  • 26-12-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

Well no point wasting time, our next game is in less than 2 days. Newcastle will provide a big threat, they have some very good players. Tioté in the middle is a huge prospect, Carroll of course everyone already knows about, Barton is playing out of his skin and Nolan always causes problems. However, this is another game where we should really be winning. IIRC we have a poor recent record against Newcastle, but we have won our last 2 games against them.
    I'd expect the same back four as today to cope with Carroll and possibly Ameobi. Hopefully Modric will be fully fit, went off with cramp today. I can see pretty much the same team as today except for Defoe obviously enough. Thought Palacios had a great game today, for the third time running and is fully justifying his place ahead of Jenas/Sandro.
    Gomes
    Hutton --- Kaboul --- Dawson --- BAE
    Lennon --- Palacios --- Modric --- Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Pavlyuchenko

COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

THFC wrote: »
    Well no point wasting time, our next game is in less than 2 days. Newcastle will provide a big threat, they have some very good players. Tioté in the middle is a huge prospect, Carroll of course everyone already knows about, Barton is playing out of his skin and Nolan always causes problems. However, this is another game where we should really be winning. IIRC we have a poor recent record against Newcastle, but we have won our last 2 games against them.
    I'd expect the same back four as today to cope with Carroll and possibly Ameobi. Hopefully Modric will be fully fit, went off with cramp today. I can see pretty much the same team as today except for Defoe obviously enough. Thought Palacios had a great game today, for the third time running and is fully justifying his place ahead of Jenas/Sandro.
    Gomes
    Hutton --- Kaboul --- Dawson --- BAE
    Lennon --- Palacios --- Modric --- Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Pavlyuchenko

COYS

nolan suspended for them which is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Spurs v Newcastle live tv coverage 3pm Tuesday Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think they'll actually be a harder game then Villa. They gave City a big test today.

Hopefully we can Get three points again. Be nice to still be a win away from top 3/4 in a few games time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hughton should be there still goes to our games whenever he gets a chance as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Looking at our next three festive season fixtures:-

Newcastle (Home)
    Fulham (Home)
    Everton (Away)

we should get 9 points out of 9, however theres bound to be at least one slip up.

I have a suspicion that Harry might start without VDV against Newcastle, but have him on the bench in case things are not going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Looking at our next three festive season fixtures:-

Newcastle (Home)
    Fulham (Home)
    Everton (Away)

we should get 9 points out of 9, however theres bound to be at least one slip up.

I have a suspicion that Harry might start without VDV against Newcastle, but have him on the bench in case things are not going well.

Yes 9 from 9 should be the target, but Merseyside wont be easy, 6 from 6 at home is the main thing, you could afford to be happy with a draw with Everton if you had them 6 points in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thing is though Man City are gonna get 9/7 points out if those games so we really should be looking to get it too.

If they weren't 3 in a row and dotted out over 10 games you'd expect the 9 points.

Hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Heading over for this one,can't wait.pity about Defoe but I still think we will win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

if anybody has any links for this game could ye stick them up around kick off time really want to watch this one iv a feeling its gonna be a belter..cheers lads COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

if anybody has any links for this game could ye stick them up around kick off time really want to watch this one iv a feeling its gonna be a belter..cheers lads COYS

You'll get links to the game here http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=99744&part=sports

If anyone hears the lineup early let us know, thanks.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    You'll get links to the game here http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=99744&part=sports

If anyone hears the lineup early let us know, thanks.

COYS
    legend.cheers mate

My Dad just text me, hes at the game (thanks to irelandspurs). He got himself some stuff in the shop and now hes off to get himself a nice pie in the stadium, lucky bast, wish I was there. Really hope hes gets to see a Spurs win.

TEAMS NEWS:

1415: Tottenham v Newcastle line-ups:
    Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko, Van der Vaart.
    Subs: Pletikosa, Jenas, Keane, Crouch, Bassong, Kranjcar, Corluka.

Newcastle: Krul, Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Perch, Tiote, Barton, Routledge, Simpson, Smith, Gutierrez, Carroll.
    Subs: Harper, Williamson, Lovenkrands, Xisco, Best, Kadar, Ranger.
    Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)

Robbed from bbc.

Very pleased with that. Glad VDV started, hopefully he can keep his great scoring record going!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Interesting that Crouch isn't starting again. Looks like Harry is pushing for us to play the ball along the ground a bit more rather than lump it up to Crouch, which is good news as long as we play like we did against Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very suprised there is no changes bar JD, hope it doesn't bite us in the bum.

Working stream here;

http://www.justin.tv/liveeplhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Perch starts, game over lads, hes shocking, barely championship standard

SuprSi wrote: »

The above link is gone but this one is working now

http://www.sportzkrieg.com/live.php?id=FOO15EPTot&msg=1&matchname=Tottenham%20Hotspur%20vs%20Newcastle%20United

M5 - don't count your chickens. This is Spurs so we're unlikely to escape conceding a goal. If Newcastle can keep themselves tight at the back and push up front you'll do well.

The above link is gone but this one is working now

http://www.sportzkrieg.com/live.php?id=FOO15EPTot&msg=1&matchname=Tottenham%20Hotspur%20vs%20Newcastle%20United

M5 - don't count your chickens. This is Spurs so we're unlikely to escape conceding a goal. If Newcastle can keep themselves tight at the back and push up front you'll do well.

Thats where perch is the problem im afraid ;)

Spurs fans very quiet, can clearly hear our lot

An example of the liability that it Perch just there

• Advertisement

This is brutal

Agreed, crap match so far. Palacios has been very good so far though.

yeah looks sharp

LOL, when did Smith get fast?

Spurs applying some pressure! Did you see the ballboy falling over the advertising hoardings? :D

Lots of corners but not one attempt on goal from them. Odd refereeing decisions too.

This ref is going to cost one of the teams the game, hes been shocking

Barton getting the Spurs players fired up, if there's going to be a sending off I'd actually expect it to go against Spurs!

Commentators curse, hes been well off the pace since

agreed, spurs getting stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I don't like this ref. Seems to be giving a a lot of poor decisions in newcastles favour.

• Advertisement

Heh, for all of Palacios' tenacious tackling and pressing ability, he is so crap when it comes to any sort of shot on goal.

Advertisement