Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton gaming headset!

Options
  • 26-12-2010 8:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Just bought one in Gamestop! Apparently there as good as Turtlebeaches! Can anyone confirm this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

have a set, their acceptable. turtlebeach are over rated. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just bought one in Gamestop! Apparently there as good as Turtlebeaches! Can anyone confirm this for me?
    Well what are they like?

TB are good (imo) but they are not the best out there.

I would consider Triton / Sharkoons the best

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nothing beats logitech G35 7.1 headsets, simply awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Never heard of Triton, or Turtlebeach

Coincidentally I'm in the market for some new headphones, and unsure what to get. Looking for basically the "best" out there, price not an issue.

Does anyone else have the g35 and agree with DCully, one of the lads off here had them for L4D2, said they were ok, kept spamming the voice change thing though....could have been Max, can't remember.

Dabs.ie have them for 84 Euro, or there are some Sennheiser Premium Gaming Headset for 135.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I'm a bit clueless here.. its just sound... what justifies the cost?

• Advertisement

Because it also has a computers voice..like star trek, except its Scarlett Johannson, and when you're not ingame it just tells you how amazing and wonderful you are. :rolleyes:

Television is just an image though, but I'm sure you're not at home with a 20inch CRT in your living room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I had a Sennheiser games head, not this iteration, about 3 years ago. They were beautifully balanced, no crackle, think they had an active balance or something because even when you could tell someone was screaming down the line there it didn't break up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I got a pair of Trittons a few week or so ago, after my Beaches broke, sound quality is the same and they're alot mor comfortable, and feel sturdier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Just tested them properly! I can confirm they are as good as the TBs! Extremely sturdy and EXTREMELY comfortable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,317 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dcully wrote: »
    Nothing beats logitech G35 7.1 headsets, simply awesome.

Logitech G930s are the superior in every way, wireless, rechargeable iteration on the G35

And they are mine

logitech-g930-wireless-gaming-headset.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Astro a40's. Pricey, but awsome

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont understand why people with PCs buy headsets when a decent set of Sennheisers and a Desktop USB mic are far better.

My personal combo.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont understand why people with PCs buy headsets when a decent set of Sennheisers and a Desktop USB mic are far better.

My personal combo.
    damn right! thats why i keep an adding calculator and a subtracting calculator :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Overheal wrote: »
    damn right! thats why i keep an adding calculator and a subtracting calculator :pac:

Thanks for the early morning giggle. :D

Tbh I use a headset cause its easier. I wouldn't use the headset for anything else anyway, I prefer earphones for out and about.

My personal combo.

I'm the same, because what if people want to game during the day without the headphones on ?
    Logitech USB mic and a good set of Sennheisers atm for me too,

But I broke my headphones, so just looking for a complete headset now, doesn't mean the mic will go though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm the same, because what if people want to game during the day without the headphones on ?

The you annoy the crap out of others on mumble with background tv/eating crisps(numnutts) your 7.1 surround sound(pog) stupid voice changing(max). :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My personal combo.

Ive had some great sennheisers, i thought nothing would beat them until i tried the G35s.
    I was shocked at the difference.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Triton work with consoles aswell though as in they carry the game and voice comm which normal PC headsets/Mic&Headphone combos can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Thinking of getting the Tritton AX Pro or AX 720, but I'm fairly clueless about how they work with a console, is it simple enough to get working, what exactly do I have to do?

Also is there a big difference between the 720 and Pro versions?

EDIT: Actually, is there a set of 5.1 headphones that work with consoles, minus the mic, I never really play online anyway so that would probably be cheaper

I think you'd regret it, not getting the G35s or G930s but i havent seen them on a console, or tried.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Logitech USB mic and a good set of Sennheisers atm for me too,

But I broke my headphones, so just looking for a complete headset now, doesn't mean the mic will go though
    The problem with Speakers + Mic is feedback. Horrible feedback. My brother refuses to use a headset so of course when he talks on vent all you hear is (((((your voice)your voice)your voice)your voice)SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

If I use speakers, im not using my mic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm looking for Tritton AX Pro, anyone seen them for sale in a bricks and mortar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Mech1 wrote: »
    I'm looking for Tritton AX Pro, anyone seen them for sale in a bricks and mortar?

I'm actually looking for a pair too, I'm looking online though... £129.99 on amazon... I'd be interested how much they'd be in B&M shop too though.

€180 on poxmania + shipping
    174 on expansys

I'd say the cheapest B&M store would be about €200 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

I'm actually looking for a pair too, I'm looking online though... £129.99 on amazon... I'd be interested how much they'd be in B&M shop too though.

€180 on poxmania + shipping
    174 on expansys

I'd say the cheapest B&M store would be about €200 :/

189 in shops last time i checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Is there any surround sound wireless headset for the PS3?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/headsets/devices/7362 Stereo-Surround only im afraid. Try turtle beach?

Advertisement