Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water supply Celbridge

Options
  • 26-12-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Any one else have their water supply turned off in Celbridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

No Water today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kco2010

No water in oldtown mill today. Very annoying! Didnt see anything about it on tv.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

KCC are having problems in most of north kildare. Just heard there on KFM that they are working on the problem at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mine is gone as well. Very annoying. Anyone heard when it is expected to be back? Don't see anything on the KCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Not looking good people, from KFM

"Water Restrictions To Be Implemented In Kildare
    2010-12-27 14:43:36

Kildare County Council are implementing water pressure restrictions due to low levels of water supplies across the county.

These restrictions will come in to effect from 7 o'clock this evening until 9 am tomorrow morning.

Several leaks in water mains have been reported throughout the county today and the Council are trying to resolve these problems.

In the meantime, water tankers are being deployed in Maynooth, Naas, Leixlip and Athy."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Our water went sometime on Christmas morning- 2/3 AM probably, the pipe outside is still frozen solid. So if it does come back we probably won't know for ages! In Leixlip btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

We have water but at a reduced preasure, not enough to fill the attic tank. From what I remember in January... Oldtown, Raphaels etc.. are on the end of the mains supply (?) and when its on low preasure there isn't enough to server them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustyo

Anyone know where the water tankers in Maynooth/Leixlip are and when they are around?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

So it should be back 2 normal by tomorrow with a little bit of luck ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

AmyMaria wrote: »
    So it should be back 2 normal by tomorrow with a little bit of luck ?

Where did you get that info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Latest from KCC
    Water Supplies
    Kildare County Council has reported a surge in demand for water due to burst pipes and wastage following the onset of yesterdays thaw.
    Water has been made available by tanker in some towns today and this will continue tomorrow (see attached for details). Council staff have come back early from leave to repair burst mains. Water restrictions are being reintroduced with immediate effect and will be in place on a nightly basis from 7:00 p.m. (or earlier) to 9:00 a.m. until further notice.
    The council has asked householders and other property owners to check for and repair leaks and to conserve water in order to avoid further restrictions.
    Water Tanker Rota for Tuesday 28 December

Tanker No. Location Time

1 Prosperous 0900-1200
    Allenwood 1230-1500
    Derrinturn 1530-1800

2 Leixlip 0900-1800
    (entrance to
    River Forest)

3 Naas 0900-1800
    (Esmondale
    Area)

4 Celbridge 0900-1300
    (Tesco)
    Maynooth 1330-1800
    (details later)

5 Athy 0900-1800
    (Coneyboro
    Ashville
    Stradbally Rd.)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

dobsdave wrote: »
    Where did you get that info from?

From the kfm website. It said 9am today the water pressure should be back to normal. It was in my estate anyhow =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

The water pressure is back to normal in Castletown. It only went a bit low yesterday, but I haven't had any water (just the odd trickle), in any of the other taps etc. for a week. I have just managed to sort it now. I think the pipes may have been frozen in the attic during the very bad weather, but they ended up being air locked, so here is what I did:

I used part an old-fashioned plastic/rubber bath shower hose - the part nearest the tap. I turned on the cold bath tap and blew air up (I could hear the bubbles going up), being careful not to get the nasty water in my mouth. I then took the hose off and let that tap run for a while, but it wasn't the full pressure.

Next, I joined both of the top parts of the hose together and put them on both bath taps (making sure they were both turned off). I then opened the hot tap fully and started the cold tap running at medium strength, plugging the bottom of the hose with my finger. I kept this up for about one minute. The result of this was that the cold taps in the bathroom, and the WC were all working properly again.

Still no hot water taps running, so I repeated the last excercise once more and, surprise, surprise, everything is back to normal!! All taps working, hot and cold upstairs and downstairs!!

It is important to remember to let the taps run for a while after fixing the air locks, as the water is a bit brown.

As you will have guessed by now, I'm no expert on any of this, so if you don't hear from me for a while it will probably be because I have blown myself up trying to heat the water :eek::eek:!! Either that or I will have fallen asleep in the joys of a hot bath :cool::D!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dublintrucker

azarath wrote: »
    Any one else have their water supply turned off in Celbridge?
    what is the story with the water, in Celbridge days and days with nothing

Advertisement