Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Atlantic - launching February 1st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ziedth wrote: »
    Just a quick question, the new shows does anyone know if when the channel starts are they gonna start off at S01E01 or will it be where they are in the series in the states?

Which show? There's not many currently airing. They'll be starting Boardwalk Empire since it's only one season in and nowhere else in the UK has shown in, Mad Men I assume they'll show it all quickly before their first exclusive season.
    It's all on the Anytime anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

amacachi wrote: »
    Which show? There's not many currently airing. They'll be starting Boardwalk Empire since it's only one season in and nowhere else in the UK has shown in, Mad Men I assume they'll show it all quickly before their first exclusive season.

It's Boardwalk Empire I was talking about but ya sure Mad Men too, Like remember when sky 1 started showing house they went straight the newest season (5 I think) and only did like a show that was a 10 min catch up on whats happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Most will be from the beginning, but not all. Like Entourage will start from Season 7, so I assume ITV still have the rights to the first six seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭casey junior

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    If it is only available on Sky HD I reckon we burn down sky headquarters.

Doesn't matter how much FF screw you, but burn Rupert!

Just to clear up the issue that it will only be available with a HD pack, this is taken from Sky's website:
    Sky Atlantic HD (Channel 108 on the EPG) is no ordinary TV channel. It features ground breaking shows and some of the greatest acting, directing and writing talent in the world. Sky Atlantic will provide an exclusive home to HBO's celebrated programming, alongside some of the most hotly anticipated shows in television, like Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Mad Men Season 5, and Mildred Pierce - among many others. Sky Atlantic is free when you take the Variety Pack and will also be available on Sky Anytime & Anytime+. Sky Atlantic is also available in high definition. For access to Sky Atlantic HD, simply take the HD pack with your Entertainment Packs. Click the links below for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone know if Sky Atlantic plan to show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?

It's on FX in the US but I haven't seen it on the UK version of FX.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone know if Sky Atlantic plan to show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?

It's on FX in the US but I haven't seen it on the UK version of FX.
    Bravo and 3e used to show it, but haven't seen it on 3e in ages, and wasn't on Bravo for months before it shut down, so it probably won't be taken up by Sky. No word on any other channel showing it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

For those getting this, don't miss Treme, best tv around at the moment.

Daytime TV on the channel will consist of The X-Files, Prison Break, 24 and Thirtysomethings. No mention of Seinfeld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

When is Breaking Bad going to be shown this side of the Atlantic?

Can't believe nobody has picked up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

kraggy wrote: »
    When is Breaking Bad going to be shown this side of the Atlantic?

Can't believe nobody has picked up on it.

FX(UK) Wednesday at 10pm. S01e03 is on this wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I just finished the whole lot this evening. Season 4 coming out in the summer on AMC.

Crackin show. Unbelievable. Keeps you glued all the time and deals with what is considered such taboo a subject in America very well.

Is that Fx Uk available in Ireland, in particular on UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bravo was bought by sky and as part of their redevelopment of the channel they choose to shut it down, their shows will be split between the other channels owned by Sky.

Living is to become Sky Living, and Sky 2 and 3 are to be move on the Sky EPG and replaced by Sky Living and Sky Atlantic.

Sky also have a connection with FX.

Sky bought exclusive rights to HBO programming for €30million per year. Sky Atlantic is exclusive to Sky customers.

Sky also have bought rights to many other Cable Dramas as part of their redevelopment including Mad Men which airs on ACM in america AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Does anyone know whether you'll be able to choose to record in either SD or HD once Sky launches this new channel? From what I understand they're also launching technology that will have only one new channel so 108 will be automatically in HD (assuming the programme is of course) if you have the HD pack.

But will you be able to specify that you'd like to record in SD? Obviously, if you were recording a lot of programmes you'd fill the hard drive a lot quicker if they were all in HD?

SK1979 wrote: »
    But will you be able to specify that you'd like to record in SD? Obviously, if you were recording a lot of programmes you'd fill the hard drive a lot quicker if they were all in HD?

Never checked this out but can you reduce the picture quality on any of the PVRs? like you can on DVD recorders and back in the day with VHS (LP V SP).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

kraggy wrote: »
    I just finished the whole lot this evening. Season 4 coming out in the summer on AMC.

Crackin show. Unbelievable. Keeps you glued all the time and deals with what is considered such taboo a subject in America very well.

Is that Fx Uk available in Ireland, in particular on UPC?

UPC channel 126
    SKY channel 164

Colmo52 wrote: »
    UPC channel 126
    SKY channel 164

Note FX is part of the UPC Digital Max package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Does anyone know whether you'll be able to choose to record in either SD or HD once Sky launches this new channel? From what I understand they're also launching technology that will have only one new channel so 108 will be automatically in HD (assuming the programme is of course) if you have the HD pack.

My understanding of it is that the HD channels are swapping places with the SD channels, so it's easier to find them but the SD version will still be available. If that is the case then 108 will be HD and 188 (I think i saw that channel number somewhere) will be SD. So then you'll be able to record from ch188 in SD presumably. We'll find out for sure next week i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Stick a bigger hard drive in it surely? Why bother paying for a HD sub and then watch SD. That makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

AFAIK it's supposed to be channel 108 from Feb 1st? Ch 108 is currently Sky 3 but I can't seem to find any sign of Sky Atlantic, on its shows, on the Sky planner thing or on their TV listings section online.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Ah cool, OK. Thank you!

Seems weird they're still scheduling Sky 3 shows for after that time...

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

I imagine Sky 3 will still exist after that time, just it will no longer be on 108.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

The entire EPG is getting a revamp on the 1st of Feb so I would assume it won't appear until that point... A lot of the HD channels will be swapped with their SD slots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sky3 is being renamed I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/shows

ER will be on daytime might sky plus so I can see some Clooney :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yes. It's being renamed Pick TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sky Atlantic threads merged.

• Advertisement

^ How many Sky Living channels are there?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ How many Sky Living channels are there?

3 plus 3 +1s???

But are you including Sky 1, 2, 3 in that question?

Elmo wrote: »
    3 plus 3 +1s???

But are you including Sky 1, 2, 3 in that question?

It is just channels 107 and 172 both seem to be Sky Living :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is just channels 107 and 172 both seem to be Sky Living :confused:

One is the SD version, it looks a little more ****.

I assume that if you are a Sky customer that 106, 107 and 108 will be in SD if you don't subscribe to HD????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Now if only the got the rights to SATC too, purely to get it off Comedy Central

Too true, comedy central barely show enough 2 and a half men as it is

Too true, comedy central barely show enough 2 and a half men as it is

Friends will really help their schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hate when the channels change numbers. Ugh. Ah well.

Pity there is not a +1 for Atlantic.

I have heard good things about Blue Bloods.

Sky have put a list of shows that will be on the Player, which include Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Treme, Weeds, When the Levees Broke and You Dont Know Jack. Hopefully more will be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Will we eventually have to pay for this?just been reading one of their leaflets that they have in newspapers and it stated that sky atlantic would be free to all customers from feb till august

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 wishihadalife

Sorry there has probably already been an answer on this but is Sky Atlantic going to be carried by UPC?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Will we eventually have to pay for this?just been reading one of their leaflets that they have in newspapers and it stated that sky atlantic would be free to all customers from feb till august

If you have Sky 1 you wont have to pay extra.
    Sorry there has probably already been an answer on this but is Sky Atlantic going to be carried by UPC?

Probably not for a long time.

mikom wrote: »
    The up-sell seems to be working I see....

Certainly is. I've upgraded to HD even though I know the channel is available in SD. Mainly I just wanted Sky+ to record stuff but might as well go the whole hog while I'm at it. I'd say Sky have got a good few upgrades with the launch of this channel.
    amacachi wrote: »

AFAIK they're showing season 5 in the summer but haven't got the rights for 1-4. I think I read somewhere that'll they'll be able to show some of the older seasons from next year on. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Has anyone found the schedule for next week?

I'm going to have to sky plus alot of programes on my parents box so would be handy to be able to do it today

Thanks

You wont be able to Sky+ any programmes until the channel is on the EPG

The listings are here:
    http://data.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/wtv.php?week=387&chan=SATS#

There's a preview show on at 8pm, Boardwalk Empire starts at 9pm.
    They won't show up on the box till Feb 1st. I presume on Tuesday morning you'll be able to set up Sky+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

so anyone know when it's starting............web says Tuesday, but can't see it scrolling out to next week - want to Sky + some shows.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Until the channels are all set up and the EPG is changed around I don't think you'll be able to Sky+ anything. If you are not around to do it when it starts, there is a phone App or you can aslo set up an account online to control your Sky Box when you are away from it.

Also, I reckon all the main programmes will go on Sky Anytime for a few weeks and you can copy off that to the hard drive when you next have access.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It's going to be on channel 108, Sky3 is using that right now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Are you excited?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Atlantic

In fairness, a lot of channels have shows like on that list. But hopefully we'll get them a lot sooner now, not years later. For example Game of Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire which I'm excited about.

Advertisement