Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Atlantic - launching February 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

just noticed that Sky Atlantic is also available on the Sky Player

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will my box automatically update to receive this or do I have to update it anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Lemlin wrote: »
    Will my box automatically update to receive this or do I have to update it anywhere?

it should automaticalloy change...indeed, it should have happened by now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Well thank God..... at least Dave didn't change channel number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i hope boardwalk empire is on sky anytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

i hope boardwalk empire is on sky anytime

It's repeated during the week...just a note there is 3 new episodes of it this week!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

This is still not showing up on my sky planner (HD)... has this happened to anyone else? a
    Anyone know how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

maybe plug out ur sky box for few mins and plug back in and see?

try taking the card out and reinsert also

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Hooray sky player on the xbox has it up and running-hopefully the programmes will work on it now, and not get the "this programme is not available on sky player" crappy music!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You know what the stupid thing is...I want to watch Boardwalk Empire...the sister took over the TV just to watch Big Fat Gypsy Wedding...even though I set it to record for an hour later, and I can't record it because Grey's Anatomy is also set to record. She better hope to Zeus that the pilot is going to be on demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

You know what the stupid thing is...I want to watch Boardwalk Empire...the sister took over the TV just to watch Big Fat Gypsy Wedding...even though I set it to record for an hour later, and I can't record it because Grey's Anatomy is also set to record. She better hope to Zeus that the pilot is going to be on demand!

It's repeated at 12:30am on Atlantic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 silver_Shadow

krudler wrote: »
    Sounds like the best tv channel ever tbh, what a lineup

yeah, for backward folk who have bot bothered to download and watch the best AMC and HBO stuff over the last 6 years Channel is redundant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Jaysus she has you wrapped around her little finger. Be a man. Smash the tv. That'll teach her. :pac:

Jaysus she has you wrapped around her little finger. Be a man. Smash the tv. That'll teach her. :pac:
    Can't. If I smash the TV...what will I watch? Plus the dog hates violence, so I can't beat her up.

But all is right with the world, got BE to record, at the expense of Grey's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

yeah, for backward folk who have bot bothered to download and watch the best AMC and HBO stuff over the last 6 years Channel is redundant

There does seem to be an awful lot of people looking forward to it so I think you may be wrong. Not everyobody downloads television shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    There does seem to be an awful lot of people looking forward to it so I think you may be wrong. Not everyobody downloads television shows.

I'm one of those that "acquires" shows like this but I still think it's fantastic. Just because I see a lot of this stuff before it airs here, doesn't mean I see ALL of it. Being able to catch shows I've missed like Six Feet Under or new shows that have managed to pass me by like Treme and being able to see them in a week by week manner without having to catch up all in one go (plenty of other things to watch during the week as it is!) is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

37 mins of ads in a 53 minute episode. Seems they've brought the bad of American television along with the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

this is why you have a sky plus box and start viewing the show at 9.20 then by 10:30 you've caught up and skipped all the ads anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

djkeogh wrote: »
    this is why you have a sky plus box and start viewing the show at 9.20 then by 10:30 you've caught up and skipped all the ads anyway

What would we do without Sky+???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

dlambirl wrote: »
    What would we do without Sky+???

We'd be watching a lot more ads.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 everton091

I'm just wondering is it available on UPC? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No, Sky exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bah1011

Is broadwalk empire on anytime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 everton091

Thanks for that ;)

bah1011 wrote: »
    Is broadwalk empire on anytime?
    Yup. First episode is up, right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,463 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Recorded pilot episode of X Files this morning, just went to watch it and it's not widescreen......4:3 format with black bars on side, very annoying.

Before anyone says, on my Samsung TV I can adjust vertical zoom but not horizontal.

Don't understand this as I see older shows on other channels in full 16:9 format.

Anyone know why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't understand this as I see older shows on other channels in full 16:9 format.

Anyone know why is this?

Its just the way it was filmed, dont think it went widescreen until the fourth or fifth season. Fox were particularly slow at moving to widescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So being on UPC I haven't see Sky Atlantic.

The big shake up seems only to revolve around that channel, because Sky 1, 2, 3, Living, +1 etc seem to be as bad as ever. However Channel 1 has seen a big improvement.

For this shake up to work Sky really need to up the game across their channels so far they haven't done this.

Why re-brand Sky 3 when its going to be called Pick TV in a few weeks time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yup. First episode is up, right now.

Not up on anytime on my box. :confused:

Advertisement