Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Atlantic - launching February 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not up on anytime on my box. :confused:

Up on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Not up on anytime on my box. :confused:
    adox wrote: »
    Up on mine.

On mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Do you all have HD or regular Sky+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Regular sky+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

pegasus1 wrote: »
    It's repeated during the week...just a note there is 3 new episodes of it this week!:)

Are you sure there are 3? I can only find 2, yesterday and tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeah, for backward folk who have bot bothered to download and watch the best AMC and HBO stuff over the last 6 years Channel is redundant

backward eh? sorry but i download a good few shows, but theres not enough time in the world to download everything

plus i've never watched the sopranos.....ever. so theres a few shows on this i'll be watching.

One post wonder's one post makes me :rolleyes:

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Regular sky+.

Weird. I wonder why Anytime is different for some people. Still no sign of Boardwalk Empire on mine.

Do you guys have other Sky Atlantic programming on Anytime? I just have the Let the Stories Begin introduction programme.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Recorded pilot episode of X Files this morning, just went to watch it and it's not widescreen......4:3 format with black bars on side, very annoying.

Before anyone says, on my Samsung TV I can adjust vertical zoom but not horizontal.

Don't understand this as I see older shows on other channels in full 16:9 format.

Anyone know why is this?

If you're watching it on the HD channel then 4:3 material will automatically have black bars, this is the way the picture is transmitted.

I don't find it annoying at all, I prefer it that way to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

fisgon wrote: »
    Are you sure there are 3? I can only find 2, yesterday and tonight.

Saturday night the 3rd episode is on. It'll then go to 1 episode per week which will be on Saturday nights at 9pm.

Channel guide
    http://data.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/wtv.php?week=388&chan=SATS#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Karsini wrote: »
    If you're watching it on the HD channel then 4:3 material will automatically have black bars, this is the way the picture is transmitted.

I don't find it annoying at all, I prefer it that way to be honest.

I have noticed on quite a few occasions that the 4.3 picture would be stretched to fill 50% of the side black bars by the broadcaster, this makes it easier on the eyes for us who are used to a widescreen picture

pegasus1 wrote: »
    I have noticed on quite a few occasions that the 4.3 picture would be stretched to fill 50% of the side black bars by the broadcaster, this makes it easier on the eyes for us who are used to a widescreen picture

That makes everyone look fat and stretched. I much prefer the black bears than a distorted picture because of stretching.

That makes everyone look fat and stretched. I much prefer the black bears than a distorted picture because of stretching.

This is true, but there was a time when the widescreen tv one bought,when they came out, did just that...streeeeched the picture.I was just saying that it's a halfway measure...when looking at the 4.3 picture with the side bars, I cant look at it for long, as in I am too used to the natural widescreen picture!

back onto the topic of the thread...

our skybox is losing free space like no tomorrow due to all the sky+ing of good programs on this channel...have to get a bigger harddrive soon i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

anyone know if that show True Bloods has started and if it has is there anyway to watch the show i missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

bungler wrote: »
    anyone know if that show True Bloods has started and if it has is there anyway to watch the show i missed?
    Thats gonna remain on FX until the current contract expires. After that, you know where its gonna end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

bungler wrote: »

Are you on about Blue Bloods by any chance? That is on Sky Atlantic.
    The first episode of that was already on. It's repeated on Saturday night at 22:10. It's regular slot is Tuesdays at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Are you on about Blue Bloods by any chance? That is on Sky Atlantic.
    The first episode of that was already on. It's repeated on Saturday night at 22:10. It's regular slot is Tuesdays at 10.

Yep,sorry i meant Blue Bloods, raging i missed the first one but thanks for letting me know its on again on Sat,ill set the sky + on series link now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thats gonna remain on FX until the current contract expires. After that, you know where its gonna end up.
    Im sure I heard FX has lifetime rights to True Blood, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dman001 wrote: »

Sky and FX are related so AFAIK True Blood is staying on FX. But TG4 and Channel 4 have lost the rights for Season 3.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/broadcasting/s59/true-blood/news/a252758/fx-uk-still-owns-true-blood-rights.html

your right!

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Sky and FX are related so AFAIK True Blood is staying on FX. But TG4 and Channel 4 have lost the rights for Season 3.
    News Corp owns FX, and News Corp has a share of Sky too, so there probably wasn't a great deal of conflict when FX lost the rights to The Wire and Eastbound and Down.

I don't think C4 or TG4 lost the rights to True Blood though. Actually I don't think True Blood was any way affected by the Sky/HBO deal. FX still has First View, Pay TV rights and TG4/C4 have Terrestrial rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

News Corp owns FX, and News Corp has a share of Sky too, so there probably wasn't a great deal of conflict when FX lost the rights to The Wire and Eastbound and Down.

I don't think C4 or TG4 lost the rights to True Blood though. Actually I don't think True Blood was any way affected by the Sky/HBO deal. FX still has First View, Pay TV rights and TG4/C4 have Terrestrial rights.

According to that article they still have the rights to both those shows. I read that they're going showing repeats of The Wire from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I was thinking that TG4 might still have the rights for Season 3. When I read that FX had UK rights, with no mention of Irish Rights. However the Sky deal does cover Ireland??? It would be great if C4/TG4 still had True Blood.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    According to that article they still have the rights to both those shows. I read that they're going showing repeats of The Wire from next month.
    Odd how both channels will be showing both shows, but they could be used as filler on Sky Atlantic. Either way, the more shows that get on the channel the better. It means more content on the Sky Player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

yeah, for backward folk who have bot bothered to download and watch the best AMC and HBO stuff over the last 6 years Channel is redundant

Wow, you're retarded. Maybe they didn't want to waste all their time and bandwidth downloading shows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wow, you're retarded. Maybe they didn't want to waste all their time and bandwidth downloading shows.

There are sooooo many other better ways of getting your point across!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a302145/virgin-media-to-miss-out-on-sky-atlantic.html

It seems Sky are infact offering Sky Atlantic to Virgin Media (and quite possibly UPC), but it at a high price. If Virgin can't afford it, I can't see UPC being able to afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi All,

Any ideas when The Wire is due to start? Never seen any of it but obviously heard great things!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hi All,

Any ideas when The Wire is due to start? Never seen any of it but obviously heard great things!
    I haven't heard anything about Sky showing The Wire on the network, so you're out of luck kid...but there's always hope.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Going by the information released late last year, it is due in Q4 2011.

Advertisement