Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Atlantic - launching February 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Dman001 wrote: »
    Odd how both channels will be showing both shows, but they could be used as filler on Sky Atlantic. Either way, the more shows that get on the channel the better. It means more content on the Sky Player.
    Hi All,

Any ideas when The Wire is due to start? Never seen any of it but obviously heard great things!
    Going by the information released late last year, it is due in Q4 2011.

The link you posted on the first page of this thread seems to be broken now but I found this on the same site. According to that, Sky Atlantic aren't showing it till next year.

This is where I read about FX showing it in March. Maybe FX have the rights for it until the end of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    The link you posted on the first page of this thread seems to be broken now but I found this on the same site. According to that, Sky Atlantic aren't showing it till next year.

This is where I read about FX showing it in March. Maybe FX have the rights for it until the end of this year?
    Yes your link is definitely more up to date, as it includes the daytime schedule, and includes Generation Kill as coming in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hi,

I forgot to watch the 3rd episode of Boardwalk Empire last night at 9pm-any idea if and when that episode is repeated?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I imagine that it will be up on Sky Anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Any idea when eastbound and down is starting?

• Advertisement

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Hi,

I forgot to watch the 3rd episode of Boardwalk Empire last night at 9pm-any idea if and when that episode is repeated?

Thanks!
    The 3rd episode is on Sky Anytime and the Sky Player, or at 3:35am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The 3rd episode is on Sky Anytime and the Sky Player, or at 3:35am tomorrow morning.

Plus the anytime episodes are add free. They are a couple of breaks with just the sky Atlantic screen that can be fast forwarded, but nowhere near as intrusive as the add breaks.

If the whole season goes on to anytime, I'm just going to copy those episodes over rather than recording when they are airing.

adox wrote: »
    Plus the anytime episodes are add free. They are a couple of breaks with just the sky Atlantic screen that can be fast forwarded, but nowhere near as intrusive as the add breaks.

If the whole season goes on to anytime, I'm just going to copy those episodes over rather than recording when they are airing.
    Yes Anytime is great, you'll often see True Blood on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thats great, thanks for all the replies! I'll try and get to watch it before next Saturday!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Pacific is due to air mid April. Date TBC,

@sky_atlantic
    Sky Atlantic
    If you missed the incredible #ThePacific when it aired on Sky Movies, it will air on Atlantic from mid April. We'll tweet a date soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Strange TG4 will be showing True Blood 3 while RTÉ Two will be showing Blue Bloods.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Funny or Die Presents starts tonight at 10pm on Sky Atlantic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Funny or Die Presents starts tonight at 10pm on Sky Atlantic

Exclusive or Sky Exclusive? :rolleyes:

Elmo wrote: »
    Strange TG4 will be showing True Blood 3 while RTÉ Two will be showing Blue Bloods.
    The HBO deal with Sky didn't include True Blood as FX have the lifetime rights to it. Sky must have only got the UK exclusive rights to Blue Bloods.

The HBO deal with Sky didn't include True Blood as FX have the lifetime rights to it. Sky must have only got the UK exclusive rights to Blue Bloods.

FX are part of News Corp hence why they are showing True Blood and Channel 4 are not (or are they?).

RTÉ lost Mad Men (or have they?)???? How are they getting Blue Bloods?

Sky paid 150,000,000 for 3 years of exclusive UK and Ireland rights to HBO programming.

Blue Bloods on RTÉ Two May 31st @ 9:55 possible in HD on Saorview. The Walking Dead also RTÉ Two on May 30th again maybe in HD (though nothing to do with Sky).

FX are part of News Corp hence why they are showing True Blood and Channel 4 are not (or are they?).

RTÉ lost Mad Men (or have they?)???? How are they getting Blue Bloods?

Sky paid 150,000,000 for 3 years of exclusive UK and Ireland rights to HBO programming.
    Yep News Corp own FX, and a share in Sky. I don't get the point you're making? FX have exclusive first time showing rights, so Sky couldn't make a deal with HBO for it. I'm sure it didn't bother them too much though, seeing as News Corp have a stake in Sky and own FX. Channel 4 and TG4 still show True Blood, but seeing as FX have first time showing rights, they have to wait after FX shows it. Season 3 will be showing on both TG4 and C4 this summer.

Both the BBC and RTE have lost the future seasons of Mad Men if Im not mistaken. Sky have took the exclusive rights from the BBC (and we can assume RTE) for future Seasons.

Blue Bloods is on CBS in America. They probably didn't see Blue Bloods as being a major show so just got the first time viewing rights, ro something similar.

Season 3 will be showing on both TG4 and C4 this summer.

You sure it will be on Channel 4? I didn't realize Blue Bloods wasn't HBO, I haven't see it.

News Corp are taking over Sky. I would say Sky gave FX True Blood just to keep it on that channel until they are completely sublimated.

Any news on News Corp Sky takeover? I know they have to keep Sky news separate.

I know Man Men is ACM.

You sure it will be on Channel 4? I didn't realize Blue Bloods wasn't HBO, I haven't see it.

News Corp are taking over Sky. I would say Sky gave FX True Blood just to keep it on that channel until they are completely sublimated.

Any news on News Corp Sky takeover? I know they have to keep Sky news separate.

I know Man Men is ACM.
    I don't think it works like that. When True Blood first began FX purchased the Lifetime rights. The only way Sky could show True Blood on Sky Atlantic is if they purchased the rights off FX. You can't exactly say Sky "gave" FX the rights when FX had them all along, and Sky had no control of that.

I don't think it works like that. When True Blood first began FX purchased the Lifetime rights. The only way Sky could show True Blood on Sky Atlantic is if they purchased the rights off FX. You can't exactly say Sky "gave" FX the rights when FX had them all along, and Sky had no control of that.

Seems to be airing on C4 in the autumn from what I can gather. I thought FX/HBO/Sky came to an arrangement for True Blood thus removing FTA TV from the picture. Seems not to be the case.

• Advertisement

Seems to be airing on C4 in the autumn from what I can gather. I thought FX/HBO/Sky came to an arrangement for True Blood thus removing FTA TV from the picture. Seems not to be the case.
    Apologies, it is usually August/September when they show it. Nope I don't think it affected the FTA rights at all.

Apologies, it is usually August/September when they show it. Nope I don't think it affected the FTA rights at all.

Well Sky Atlantic doesn't seem all that exclusive to me.

Well Sky Atlantic doesn't seem all that exclusive to me.
    Exclusive rights to Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Bored to Death, Funny or Die Presents, In Treatment, Weeds, Mad Men with re-runs of The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Big Love, The Wire, The Pacific and a few decent HBO movies. In my opinion it's the best channel available in the UK and Ireland.

Sons of Anarchy returns to RTÉ Two next Monday night. (FX show I know but just the whole high end drama coming from Sky Atlantic while there seems to be getting thiner on the ground).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sons of Anarchy returns to RTÉ Two next Monday night. (FX show I know but just the whole high end drama coming from Sky Atlantic while there seems to be getting thiner on the ground).

Thanks for that ! But RTE as usual air it at a ridiculous time, basically midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

You have to remember that RTE generally stop airing these shows for random amounts of time mid season. And there's no real guarantee that they'll even finish half of the shows that they air. At least with sky atlantic, they'll show it at a normal time and stick to a fairly similar pace as the US with the shows. :D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    You have to remember that RTE generally stop airing these shows for random amounts of time mid season. And there's no real guarantee that they'll even finish half of the shows that they air. At least with sky atlantic, they'll show it at a normal time and stick to a fairly similar pace as the US with the shows. :D

Bar The Event which disappeared with its audience this is generally not the case from my experience of late night TV on RTÉ Two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Bar The Event which disappeared with its audience this is generally not the case from my experience of late night TV on RTÉ Two.

I may be just having a selective memory but i'm sure a few of the late night shows that I used to watch disappeared from the schedule at a couple of points. But fair enough if they haven't. I may gain a bit of respect for RTE when they start airing good shows at normal prime time tv times rather than the witching hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE showed all of Seasons 1 and 2 of SOA without no breaks

I expected Season 3 of SOA to be back first on Sky Atlantic (Seasons 1 and 2 were shown on Bravo)

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I may gain a bit of respect for RTE when they start airing good shows at normal prime time tv times rather than the witching hours. :D

I agree they did want a new channel for such programmes called RTE PLUS but the minister said no. Imagine a foreign channel can be anti-competition and set up a channel with no cause for concern and we think its the next best thing to sliced bread.

Advertisement