Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey v's Beer.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭davebloggs

the only purpose of alcohol is to get drunk

therefore whiskey, or any spirit for that mater is 5 times better than any beer.

You get drunk 5 times quicker and have to visit the toilet 5 times less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I feckin can't stand whiskey. Its rotten. Beer all the way.

I presume your a girl? That's ok so...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The real Arthur Daly would never say that. :mad:

Ha true, he would down the nearest glass and tug on a cigar.

Its just the appreciation society of whiskey that get on my tits, especially when they talk about a certain year. Most of these drunks cant read the label let alone distinguish a certain year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

davebloggs wrote: »
    the only purpose of alcohol is to get drunk

therefore whiskey, or any spirit for that mater is 5 times better than any beer.

You get drunk 5 times quicker and have to visit the toilet 5 times less.

This is bollocks. I don't like being drunk. The point at which I'm feeling the effects is when I stop drinking, and yet I drink whiskey. Because I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

gpf101 wrote: »
    I presume your a girl? That's ok so...

I know your an internet warrior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

beer is horrible
    whiskey even more so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

I feckin can't stand whiskey. Its rotten. Beer all the way.

What a load of bolloxs...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I know your an internet warrior.

I have no idea what that means...are you sure your not a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'll have a JD over here please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Am at the outlaws atm,choice between Tesco branded vodka(desperate tack imo) or Bells whiskey.I'd always start out on beer and finish on whiskey if on the tear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Well what can I say, the title says it all.
    I got a bottle of Bushmills 21 year old malt yesterday and have now made a large "dent" into it and the beer is sitting stagnating in the fridge.
    Uisce beatha indeed. :D

Beer is a paupers drink. Whiskey is in between pauper and bourgeois. Cognac/ Brandy, now there's a proper drink, nothing like the finest bourgeois beverages lying in your stomach. I drink Hennessy's every night with boiled water and sugar, yum! Just delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Much like ebony and ivory whiskey and beer can live together in perfect harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

baz2009 wrote: »

Its me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Much like ebony and ivory whiskey and beer can live together in perfect harmony.

On my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

baz2009 wrote: »

I was in Barcelona last summer, talking a Canadian guy. He says to me, "hey you're Irish, do you like Bushmills?". My Swedish mate taps him on the should and says in a thick (put-on) Northern accent, "That's Protestant whiskey lad". Funniest moment ever. He learned it from that scene in The Wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Whiskey is disgusting, gimme a few beers anyday! 18yr old whiskey my ass, these alcos would not know the difference between 1 day and 50 yr old whiskey!
    The difference between a well matured whiskey and a bottle of cheap stuff is enormous, even someone who doesn't like the stuff would notice the difference between, say a drop of Glenfiddich 18 year old single malt and a Paddys (shudder).
    One goes down like bleach the other like liquid velvet. :)
    Try comparing them yourself sometime (you will be surprised). :)

My head hurts for some reason this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

gpf101 wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means...are you sure your not a girl?

^ http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4LkF_mg8voI/S_bhOSNLXPI/AAAAAAAABBY/K_9ikHYqeNk/s1600/Internet-Warrior.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Star Bingo wrote: »
    but you can't really swill whiskey before yer lying frothing at the mouth uttering madness, at risk of kidney incineration if not death. but then beer won't exactly quench yer thirst either.. i don't know. what curious refreshments. sure its all legal anyhow; knock yerself out. a small whiskey, maybe a wee beer.

This is the post of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭Degag

I put ice in a Midleton yesterday and I was nearly kicked out of the house
    Nothing wrong with that IMO. Alot of people put water in whiskey, it doesn't change the taste (well, you know what i mean) just takes the edge off it.

What was far worse was a night i was working and a guy bought 4 midletons to celebrate an engagement or something.

Not too bad, untilhe got 2 bottles of coke as mixers! Real head in hands moment!

This is bollocks. I don't like being drunk. The point at which I'm feeling the effects is when I stop drinking, and yet I drink whiskey. Because I like it.

So if whiskey was non alcoholic but the taste/sensation of drinking it was the same you'd be knocking back pints ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

davebloggs wrote: »
    So if whiskey was non alcoholic but the taste/sensation of drinking it was the same you'd be knocking back pints ?

No, I'd be drinking what I felt like. My point was that though I drink alcohol, I don't necessarily want to get drunk.

Hot whiskeys (made with jameson) and pints of Guinness or smithwicks at the same time is the job! They complement each other very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Jameson for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Whiskey is absolutely fantastic stuff. I can't drink beer anymore so that's out. Gorgeous with an ou'l splash o' coke.

But ever experienced a whiskey hangover? By jaysis - got to be one of the worst things i've ever experienced. You feel like your life is over. Talk about a mood bomb. The day after that, you're right as rain again.:)

But christ, those hangovers would turn me off whiskey. You really need to make sure that there are a lot of hugs available to you the next day.:pac:

No, I'd be drinking what I felt like. My point was that though I drink alcohol, I don't necessarily want to get drunk.

Fair enough you just want a slight buzz. It's the same with 'drug' users some just want to chill out with a bud, other want to get absolutely wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Trí wrote: »

But ever experienced a whiskey hangover? By jaysis - got to be one of the worst things i've ever experienced. You feel like your life is over. Talk about a mood bomb. The day after that, you're right as rain again.:)

But christ, those hangovers would turn me off whiskey. You really need to make sure that there are a lot of hugs available to you the next day.:pac:

Discovered Jamesons this Christmas. Actually the week leading up to Christmas including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Delighted with myself and thought it the best drink ever.

Then sweet mother divine - yesterday and today have been the most evil days ever. Really felt like the arse had fallen out of my life. Horrible, horrible experience. Just hope tomorrows better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Darlughda wrote: »
    Discovered Jamesons this Christmas. Actually the week leading up to Christmas including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Delighted with myself and thought it the best drink ever.

Then sweet mother divine - yesterday and today have been the most evil days ever. Really felt like the arse had fallen out of my life. Horrible, horrible experience. Just hope tomorrows better!

If I could throw my arms around you, I would. It's feckin' 'orrible, isn't it? You poor thing.:)

I remember bawling crying all the way to the McDonald's drive through with a whiskey hangover. Not my finest hour.. ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I flippin love whiskey - jameson and lime ftw but id only ever drink it at home. Beer is for pubs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Jack D drinker myself.

Love Guinness too though, hangovers on that, are never as severe for me as they are with other beers.

Used to love Grolsch though and still have the odd bottle.

Most underrated beer of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Normally drink JD with lime but lately i'm switching to Jamey.

For a hot toddy, Powers is definitely the best.

Advertisement