Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia 2247NWG - Open NAT

• 26-12-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Could somebody please help me with this, I need to open it for use with Xbox 360. I have rang up before and they have told me step by step how to do it. I have tried many port forwarding tutorials to no avail. Any extra info required i can provide please ask. Thanks for your help.

FYI I will be ringing tomorrow I just hope somebody here knows so I can do it tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Try this sticky from the xbox forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056029020 sometimes lowering your router firewall can resolve this....login to your router and set the firewall to low, reboot and try.
    HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Ok, thanks for your help. What i found when opening ports is they all overlapped with other ones. What i did is open the ones they overlapped with for eg. Name1 overlapped with XboxLIVE360, so i opened that. I did them all that way as if it overlaps you cannot proceed to open it anyway. I have restarted my connection and tested it again, no luck. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Your best option is prob to buy a new router if you can afford to. The netopia routers arent the best for getting the right nat type on ps3 and xbox

....And of course they have discontinued there technical support :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Could somebody please help me with this, I need to open it for use with Xbox 360. I have rang up before and they have told me step by step how to do it. I have tried many port forwarding tutorials to no avail. Any extra info required i can provide please ask. Thanks for your help.

FYI I will be ringing tomorrow I just hope somebody here knows so I can do it tonight.
    Have you try your ppoe setting that get you a open nat user name eircom password broadband1 try that see does that help

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help above but could you explain what to do I'm not quite sure what you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

i agree with the previous poster easiest thing to do is buy a different rounter. make sure it haz a DMZ, set dmz to something like 192.168.1 101, then set up static ip on your xbox to the same and will woep perfectly, you will get nat 1 on a ps3 and xbox will be open. i tried for ages on that router, they are just crap, i got mine to work but was a lot of effort. had to forward all the nessary ports and turned the firewall off or on its lowest setting.
    who cares about hackers youll be too busy playin duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Thanks for your help above but could you explain what to do I'm not quite sure what you mean
    Go to your xbox connection go to custom setting look for pppoe it ask you for your user name and password which i already posted .There is also another way go to nat on your router it give you a list of games look for xbox live enable it.The only way to get nat 1 on a ps3 is pppoe if you have a ps3 as well.

Advertisement