Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lëkki offering very retro phones.. (1996-9 flashback)

Options
  • 26-12-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

French company Lëkki are offering some very retro phones, 'repackaged' or new, hard to tell. Caution, poser prices, having said that, they'll customise the colour to anything you want.

http://www.lekki.fr/

Motorola StarTAC - €130

Nokia 3210 - €95

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I have a fully functional Nokia 3210 in my kitchen drawer that I can paint myself. Who in their right mind would pay that for a 12 year old phone??

Poser prices indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

at those prices, its not going to sell a single 1. i hope not anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

There is a whiff of the Hipster about the site..

Having said that, I'd gladly use a 3210 with an updated aerial. Concrete office buildings would kill the signal..

Great phone to hold and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Poser prices? lol That's exactly what I think of people who fawn over their precious iPhones which cost an exorbitant amount of money and generally come with an 18/24 month contract. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Poser prices? lol That's exactly what I think of people who fawn over their precious iPhones which cost an exorbitant amount of money and generally come with an 18/24 month contract. ;)

yeah because an iphone is comparable to a 12 year old phone that can call, text and play snake on it.

the people who'd but these are the same hipster types who use massive tape casette walkmans and wear illfitting tshirts with oh so cool slogans, and ball crushingly tight jeans, ie ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

krudler wrote: »
    yeah because an iphone is comparable to a 12 year old phone that can call, text and play snake on it.

the people who'd but these are the same hipster types who use massive tape casette walkmans and wear illfitting tshirts with oh so cool slogans, and ball crushingly tight jeans, ie ****.

If you read my comment properly you'd see I was comparing the type of people who would buy both items, i.e. posers, and not the items themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Amalgam wrote: »
    There is a whiff of the Hipster about the site..

Having said that, I'd gladly use a 3210 with an updated aerial. Concrete office buildings would kill the signal..

Great phone to hold and use.

A whiff? I'm surprised the smell didn't knock you off your feet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

As much as i did love my star tac, i think i'll stick with my iphone

Advertisement