Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad News for RAGE and retro shoppers...

• 27-12-2010 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

This really sucks, feel so bad for the owners/employees! Hadn't had a chance to get in there yet, living in Galway, but was looking forward to a trip soon and a new year spree...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jesus. That sucks. The staff were fantastic and the prices brilliant. Why couldn't that ****hole gamesexchange flood instead :/ I feel really bad for them. Hope they can get it sorted. Was just thinking as I watched it, if the ground floor is bad then what is the basement like and then saw it was even worse :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I hope at least some of the stock survives! Feel so bad for them, would be lovely if we could all help pull of a christmas miracle of some kind. Stupid real world, if only we lived in a christmas film!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Such a shame, that place was singlehandedly offering Dublin its first taste of a retro, and i use this loosely, scene. Could organize a gig or a some kind of sponsored play-through or something, to raise funds. Hope it's back up and in running order soon, fantastic place and only just getting going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That sucks balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

That's a disaster. Just found them recently and thought they were excellent. Hope some stock survives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

All those poor manuals...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Christ that's horrendous! Hope they manage to survive it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Gutted. I never even got to visit this store. Was going to pay a visit in the new year.

If there had to be floods on Fade Street why couldn't they wash away the God awful RTE show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

That's awful. Feel dead sorry for the owners. Also gutted myself as I wasn't aware til this morning the shop even existed!! Hope they can get back on their feet soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

AHH!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ!!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Im absolutely gutted by this. Was in there before Christmas; great lads, decent selection and the stuff is so cheap compared to online. I really hope they are able to get back on their feet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hopefully they can back on their feet . If they let us know what's in stock and prices and dont mind us calling to collect we might be able to put a bit of business their way while they,re getting ready to reopen and keep the cash coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have heard naught but good things about the place, and was looking forward to finally getting to visit it in January. Hopefully they'll get up and running again, because things are hard enough for businesses like that without **** like this.

**** weather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was only in there last week, feck arse and damn.
    Sorry to see Shie happen, perhaps they can move to the arcade market until the place dries out.
    They make good business in vinyl as well, hope not too many sleeves were ruined.

And to think I was enjoying the snow, feel guilty now.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Jaysus that's harsh on those poor lads just trying to provide some goodness for all us and this sh1te happens.
    :(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

That sucks big time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Aww no. This is terrible. :(

I really hope they survive this. If they start selling the undamaged stock they have online I'd be eager to hear of it; I'd be glad to give them my business as I'm not buying off eBay because of their PayPal/Wikileaks BS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure if he has a stock list of gaming goods to shift he can throw it up here on the retro bargains thread or on adverts, plenty of peeps in these parts will help to provide some cash flow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Awful :( Nooooo, I hope they can get over this and get back on their feet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

F*CK!!!!!! :mad: Of all the shops in Dublin that could have been flooded.:rolleyes:
    Hopefully they'll get things sorted and will reopen soon. Nice to see plenty of empathy for these guys. Maybe when they reopen we can organise a mass spending spree to help them get back on their feet. Hope this thread is used to update folk on the situation.

Hey lads, just a quick post, was in RAGE today, it is open again and most of the stock is fine, although they did lose some stuff downstairs, all the games are fine. So pop your head in if your passing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm hoping they have Superman on the N64

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

If they do then the flooding was no accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Glad to hear. Might treat the missus to a Mega Drive soon, deffo be giving those boys my business :)

Yeah, they said they would also be getting in some more stock soon so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Il Duce Rage said that eighty five percent of the stock made it out okay, between the vinyl and the games, so I take comfort in that. Especially, after seeing the video of the shop and witnessing the extent of the damage, could've been so much worse. Not that I would suggest that this is any consolation for the loss of fifteen percent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »

For a man with such a low tolerance of weak games...you've some nerve saying that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Can anyone tell me where this is and what I should look out for?

Wish I knew about this place before Xmas =/ Wuld've made things MILES easier.

Also do they sell gamecube games?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Fade Street. It's a side road off Georges street. If you're coming up from Dame street it's the first left turn after Dunnes.

No disc based games at the moment.

Advertisement